Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate On Me For Believing In A Minimalist Government

Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Yes, here is your opportunity to brag about health care, and whatever.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    your "minimalist" system is ripping you off

As I said you and I are paying twice.

I certainly wasn't hating on you for liking our system, it was your opinion on people who find themselves less fortunate than yourself.
    Last edited by vidcc; 06-22-2005 at 12:58 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibonbon
    Yes, here is your opportunity to brag about health care, and whatever.
    um, ok....

NHS rulez!!!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    your "minimalist" system is ripping you off

As I said you and I are paying twice.

I certainly wasn't hating on you for liking our system, it was your opinion on people who find themselves less fortunate than yourself.
    Can you please show me where I said I supported the current system? I don't remember implying it.

I do remember implying I was against federal medical plans, except for the disabled.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Can you please show me where I said I supported the current system? I don't remember implying it.

I do remember implying I was against federal medical plans, except for the disabled.

Yup, I like being able to chose my own doctor. I also like being able to switch doctors if I feel my doctor isn't doing his darnedest to keep me at my best.

I also like not have to be put on a waiting list for the simplest things.

If I wanted the "common good" thing, I could just pretend I am in the UK and go to the free clinic like all the junkies, drunks, and women who can not keep their legs closed to prevent children from falling out.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    uh wtf? you'd rather pay OTT and not get the service then?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Yup, I like being able to chose my own doctor. I also like being able to switch doctors if I feel my doctor isn't doing his darnedest to keep me at my best.

I also like not have to be put on a waiting list for the simplest things.

If I wanted the "common good" thing, I could just pretend I am in the UK and go to the free clinic like all the junkies, drunks, and women who can not keep their legs closed to prevent children from falling out.
    Ah, yes, I can plainly see where I said I support federal medical assistance.
    How could I be so blind......oh wait, no where do it say that.

Do better next time.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/s...ad.php?t=97288

Vid is right. The American system works if you can afford medical premiums, if you cannot then it appears no-one cares if your kid is in need of urgent medical attention.

In the other thread, Tikibonbon, you said that you were middle class. This implies to me that it's a case of 'I'm alright, Jack'. Having a bit of money should not preclude you from caring about others less fortunate in your own society.

The scenario in the thread above would never happen in the UK. For that reason, and presumably thousands more of a similar nature, it is far better to have the Welfare State than the system that the US operates.

This totally over-rides any other consideration.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/s...ad.php?t=97288

Vid is right. The American system works if you can afford medical premiums, if you cannot then it appears no-one cares if your kid is in need of urgent medical attention.

In the other thread, Tikibonbon, you said that you were middle class. This implies to me that it's a case of 'I'm alright, Jack'. Having a bit of money should not preclude you from caring about others less fortunate in your own society.

The scenario in the thread above would never happen in the UK. For that reason, and presumably thousands more of a similar nature, it is far better to have the Welfare State than the system that the US operates.

This totally over-rides any other consideration.

I agree.

However I also agree with busy that those who are able to work but refuse to should get squat.

The number of times one hears, or reads in a newspaper "Why should I go out and work, I would get less than on the social" it really galls me.

Particularly when there are chaps who are not fit for work, but still insist on doing anything they can, to fend for themselves and be as little a drain as possible.

However I still say keep the system. I would rather feed the parasites than let the truly needy down. Just be more robust on identifying the parasites.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Particularly when there are chaps who are not fit for work, but still insist on doing anything they can, to fend for themselves and be as little a drain as possible.

However I still say keep the system. I would rather feed the parasites than let the truly needy down. Just be more robust on identifying the parasites.

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast