Thread: could it be true?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Lately in the USA there have been "complaints" from the right-wing that Hollywood is "badmouthing" Bush in movies.

The latest example was the star wars movie where they said lines such as "you are with us or against us" and "this war could have been avoided if we had listened"

Of course I laughed this off but then last night gladiator was on TNT and when at the beginning of the film comodus got to the battlefield and said "have I missed it, have I missed the battle?" and the emperor said "you missed the war" I couldn't help thinking of Bush's planned trip to Vietnam.

another line was when comodus was told Rome would be a republic and he said he had "courage... perhaps not on the battlefield...but there are many types of courage"...

could these people be right.... Hollywood is copying Bush?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    who cares? he's a dick. everyone already has their oppinions. they either hate him and that won't change or they're stupid/evil
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 06-23-2005 at 03:05 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    It is either a conciounse or unconciounse reaction against or reaction of the present circumstance.

was there not recently a uproar against George Lucas for his statement that str wars relates to american imperialism and that nothing has changed since nixon?

we are what we eat
    Last edited by 99%; 06-23-2005 at 03:08 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    this thread is likewise so

5. Lounge   -   #5
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

The latest example was the star wars movie where they said lines such as "you are with us or against us" and "this war could have been avoided if we had listened"
    The dialogue from Star Wars was written by an untalented hack. I find it hard to belive that George Lucas has the brain-power to write subtle jibes against George Bush. Though maybe he had his TV on the news channel whilst he was writing one of his "scenes"?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    california doesnt like bush, i think. :/

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The dialogue from Star Wars was written by an untalented hack.
    Yep.. by G W Bush by the sounds of it

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Lounge   -   #8
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

The dialogue from Star Wars was written by an untalented hack. I find it hard to belive that George Lucas has the brain-power to write subtle jibes against George Bush. Though maybe he had his TV on the news channel whilst he was writing one of his "scenes"?
    Go back to your poetry, iambic pentameter boy.

You wouldn't know good dialogue if it gave you a good hard kick in the boz.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i loled myself when Natalie Portman said "younglings"
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants