Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA:SA - How to setup your PS2 Controller for the PC Version

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

2. Games   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Tee Hee, so you noticed!

Just updated the guide with minor additions to my configuration files.

3. Games   -   #13
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Cheers for the guide Wolfmight.

I've been trying to play GTA SA with an ancient Quickshot 6 button joypad but it's just impossible.
    The pad is so old and shagged out that 2 of the buttons don't work anymore and the D pad creaks like an old door.

I've got a hardly used playstation 1 dualshock analogue controller thats just gathering dust, so I'm off to the shops now to buy myself a PSX to USB adapter.

4. Games   -   #14
    ObrenMasic
    Hey folks I've been thinking of sharing my thoughts about controlling GTA SA.

This little proggy named SAAC is *GREAT* and I can recomend it.

Another GREAT way to control GTASA is using Thrustmasters "THRUSTMAPPER" utility, which gives TOTAL configurability and that will map Padkeys to keyboard keys with SOME models of Thrustmasters keypads.

Those that does and can give a PS2 like feel are the Thrustmaster Firestorm (TF) keypads:
    TF Wireless
    TF DualPower
    TF Analog

Thrustmapper EVEN provides a SHIFT function. Meaning you can assign *any* joypad key as shift-key and thereby assign a second function to ALL the other keys.

*** THIS MEANS YOU CAN CONTROLL EVERYTHING IN SAN ANDREAS WITH YOUR KEYPAD ***

The thrustmaster pad is bigger than the Sony originals and therefore feels better for larger hands/older players.

PROBLEMS:

A little problem *did* occured when I installed the TF DualPower on my system: The right analog stick wasnt recognized, but this is EASILY fixed by tweaking the registry. Ill be happy to post the solution if someone needs it.

NOTE: The new Thrustmaster Dual TRIGGER doesnt seem to support the Thrustmapper utility.

5. Games   -   #15
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for posting the guide here. I went all over looking for it but now i have it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12