Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    They glorify them. Americans are portrayed in a glorious light. There is a lot of glorification of Americans going on in films where movie makers glorify Americans.

Wait, did I say that. Oh yea ... I did
    Oh damn you did....

After you said you demonstrated that you did.
    I demonstrated when I said that movie makers portrayed Americans as being the ones who captured the Enigma cypher, when they weren't.

What a glorious occasion, capturing a device which enabled the decryption of all nazi communications.

That's glorifying Americans. Do you see how it works now.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Oh damn you did....

After you said you demonstrated that you did.
    I demonstrated when I said that movie makers portrayed Americans as being the ones who captured the Enigma cypher, when they weren't.

What a glorious occasion, capturing a device which enabled the decryption of all nazi communications.

That's glorifying Americans. Do you see how it works now.
    It's piece of shit inaccurate storytelling.

Wait you are right. If the British were accurately depicted capturing the device, they would have been glorified since they were the heroes. Then it'd be a British glorication movie.

Since this is a genre of movies (American glorification), can anyone name some more?

I might feel like going to Iraq to get shot or somethin'.

Maybe Hollywood should stop making black glorification movies..portraying black people in a good light, spurring them to feel proud of where they came from.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-04-2005 at 06:37 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Stealth sucked.

I refuse to watch U571 on principle. Just as I'm sure some Americans would refuse to watch a movie about a wholly British team of scientists inventing the Atom Bomb, as a Cuban might refuse to watch a Bay of Pigs film set on the Isle of Man or a Brazilian may refuse to watch a film about the 2002 World Cup where Peru win it.
    Last edited by Withcheese; 08-04-2005 at 07:31 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

Since this is a genre of movies (American glorification), can anyone name some more?
    Independence Day.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese

Independence Day.
    How so?

What's funny is that I noticed these are pretty much military films (yesyes ID4 too) that are cited.

Won't a movie, where you are fighting for your country, have patriotism in it?
    The movie is called Independence Day ffs.....a slight allusion to July 4th.

Btw, I agree with you on the U-571 thingie.

I could have sworn there was a disclaimer put in the beginning of the movie about the British because of pressure from history buffs.

Even though some liberties will be taken, historically based movies should not change the important basics of historical events.

Making the heroes out to be American is fucking shameful.

However if there was a movie about Brits makin' da bomb...well if the movie looked like it was made well, I'd probably watch it.

I just think that movies that put forth as not being "what if's" but as real historical events are irresponsible.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-04-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese

Independence Day.
    How so?

What's funny is that I noticed these are pretty much military films (yesyes ID4 too) that are cited.

I could have sworn there was a disclaimer put in the beginning of the movie about the British because of pressure from history buffs.

Even though some liberties will be taken, historically based movies should not change the important basics of historical events.

However if there was a movie about Brits makin' da bomb...well if the movie looked like it was made well, I'd probably watch it.

I just think that movies that put forth as not being "what if's" but as real historical events are irresponsible.

Film focuses on nothing but America in which the Americans save the world and then decide to help the poor stupid rest of the world. Go America!

I don't think American's really get the Tv show American Dad, it's taken the piss out of you

Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    no, but if jessica biel's a character in the book and then i have the misfortune of seeing her do a promotional interview where she blathers on about how the pilots in the book are the best of the creme de la crop (what action book DOESN'T claim its hero is from some amazing & previously unheard of corps of elite deadly hotshot super-soldiers?)...
    Die Hard - John Mclain
    Last edited by Peerzy; 08-05-2005 at 12:34 AM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Die Hard - John Mclain
    AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Die Hard - John Mclain
    AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.

Buy nay, t'is still pwnage on my part.

PS: Caps lock is auto-pilot for cool.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 08-05-2005 at 12:52 AM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    PS: Caps lock is auto-pilot for cool.
    IS IT?

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    How so?

Film focuses on nothing but America in which the Americans save the world and then decide to help the poor stupid rest of the world. Go America!

I don't think American's really get the Tv show American Dad, it's taken the piss out of you

Wtf are you talking about?

I think I get it now.

Do other countries feel left out? I mean I heard someone get pissed 'cause WOTW didn't show action in another country. Are you that fucking stupid?

It would nice to see a nice epic 'round the world movie but 'it just ain't'.

I get why people are pissed over U-571 but don't get pissed at Hollywood 'cause your fucking country wasn't included in the lastest release ya dipshits.

You know what Hollywood does if they want Americanize a movie? They fucking remake it....and still we didn't get pissed 'cause "aww man in China their always doing dem flips why come they don make kung-fu wit a white American in it.

Hollywood makes predominately American movies. Doesn't Bollywood Indian movie or sumthin'?

If an American turns out to be the hero in the movie don't be shocked. If it's a military it juuuuuust might have some patriotism.

I saw the same thing in Enemy At The Gates...all that fucking Russian patriotism.

Many of us like patriotism. Unfortunately we have Darth Sidious as our President...but that's another matter.

So far we've got....

U-571 (which was a travesty)
    Independnce Day (we are fighting maraudingaliens WTFdoyouexpect...not to rally our troops )

What else?

Saving Private Ryan? Oh yeah it was mighty patriotic to send soldiers to get her last remaining son out of combat.

Unbreakable? A non-military movie where there is an American hero. It even has a black antagonist. Those damn white American heroes.

Hamburger Hill? Well no, we pretty much got our asses kicked.
    Plus ain't that another military movie?

Die Hard? Well, wasn't too much patriotism there.....just some poor bloke trying to stay alive. Oh but he was a hero and uh Americannnn.

Hey Amelie wasn't American and was critically acclaimed.

Go watch that.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast