Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The White Stripes - Get Behing Me Satan

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Anyone else heard this mess of an album yet? This is by far The White Stripes weakest work. The songs are kind of all over the place and have a real pop music kind of sound to them.

I was excited about this album after Jack White’s work on the Loretta Lynn album, which was an instant classic.

This album was very disappointing to me.

2. Music   -   #2
    i have it, but neer listened to it... and your post didn't encourage me ;] so i thing it'll have to wait some more time... maybe the reason why i haven't listened to it yet is that there were only a few songs i liked from the previous album.

3. Music   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Yes, I downloaded this and thought it was horrible. Every song sucks.

4. Music   -   #4
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I bought their first album, downloaded the second, not even gonna bother with this one. Shame, thought they had potential.

Seen a bit of them playing Glastonbury, they are just not tight enough to be a live band, imo.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

5. Music   -   #5
    I seem to be on the oposite fence of the comments so far, I believe that yes it is different from there previous 4 albums and not as "hard core". But at the same time I really did believe that Jack was ready and needed to experiment with a different style like he had mentioned he wanted to numerous times.

So my finale judgement... Excellent album, will gain many new fans, but may discourage some of there fans that have always only liked there "hardcore" songs! (which have dominated most of there previous work)

6. Music   -   #6
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I will check it out before I pass judgement,

the four previous ones where good.
    Last edited by Barky; 06-27-2005 at 09:08 PM.

7. Music   -   #7
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    wtf? how many albums do they have?

8. Music   -   #8
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    wtf? how many albums do they have?
    2, There first one was called elephant, the second and most latest. "Get behind me satan".

9. Music   -   #9
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    nu-uh. i thought that for a second. fell in love with a girl is on white blood cells not elephant. which is odd considering it's their best song you never hear anyone talk about the album

10. Music   -   #10
    GrandMonkey
    Destijl, White blood cells, the white stripes, elephant and get behind me satan. These are the 5 albums they have.
    I personally like get behind me satan, just took a few more listens to it, than the rest of them. Think the white stripes were always an aquired taste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast