Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Global Warming

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I was somewhat bemused by GW's argument that because 2 billion have no access to electricity it would be wrong for the US to agree to be less wasteful.

At least that I think that was the gist of his point.
    Waste is often in the eye (or mind) of the beholder, Les; in any case, what have the two to do with each other?
    That was what baffled me. I suspect I heard either an edited speech or GW did not notice his brief was double sided.

However, he has since said that Global warming is a fact and that man is partly responsible. Quite a step really. Personally, I have no issue with Bush's argument that new, clean energy technology is the way forward. I do not think the purpose of Kyoto is to don sackcloth and ashes and certainly in Europe a great deal of attention is being expended on exploring such technology.

Go the boffins
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Waste is often in the eye (or mind) of the beholder, Les; in any case, what have the two to do with each other?
    The eye beholds(As in sees) and the mind processes and deals with information recieved, if required(In most cases). With my obvious limited vocabulary and knowledge of biology that is all I can help you with on this problem.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345