Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent Client ABC stopped responding.

Novice
    Im using ABC (Yet Another Bittorrent Client) and I noticed it did something wierd last night. I had left it downloading a file about 1.7GB and this morning I only found that the download was at the exact same spot I left at last night. I thought to myself, "how can this be?" there were enough seeders (about 50+) and the speeds were going good (about 60 to 70KB/s). But this morning when I opened ABC, the file that I was downloading, loaded all the way to 100% complete like it did download last night but for some reason, it just restarted back to where I left it. I didnt really think anything of this until today I was continuing to download the file and my ABC just stopped, not stopped download, it paused the application and it wouldnt close causing an error or whatever. But now Im just trying Bittorrent and its working fine, just wanted to know what was up with that and if anyone can help me.
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold"

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    im having the same problem recently with ABC

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Novice
    oh man im glad im not the only one. Anyways the original Bittorrent Client by Bram Cohen completed the file like it should. Thanks Bram! I hope this problem with ABC is fixed whether its us or the applications itself.
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    I stopped using ABC because of problems like that. I would have thought they would have fixed them by now, apparently not.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    phaelox's Avatar MOo.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    I stopped using ABC because of problems like that. I would have thought they would have fixed them by now, apparently not.
    Same here. It's a nifty little app, but for its flaws and resource issues (high CPU usage), I prefer using BitComet 0.59. And with great satisfaction I might add.
    This space unintentionally left blank.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Do you have the latest version of ABC? ABC is pretty unstable, but I like it, it gets the job done and its simple. Upgrading to the neweset version fixes alot of these problems. Ive tried Azueres, but its just confusing.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by phaelox
    Same here. It's a nifty little app, but for its flaws and resource issues (high CPU usage), I prefer using BitComet 0.59. And with great satisfaction I might add.
    I'm using BitComet 0.57 (patched). One of the private trackers I use wouldn't support later versions. They haven't actually said they support 0.59 so I haven't got round to trying it yet. But I'm not having problems with 0.57 so it hasn't bothered me yet.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    phaelox's Avatar MOo.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaelox
    I'm using BitComet 0.57 (patched). One of the private trackers I use wouldn't support later versions. They haven't actually said they support 0.59 so I haven't got round to trying it yet. But I'm not having problems with 0.57 so it hasn't bothered me yet.
    Only one private tracker I'm using still bans BitComet, and they've unbanned 0.59 on the 12th of this month (older unpatched vers are still banned).

With regards to upgrading or not, whatever works best for you ofcourse. I can however recommend v0.59 because I noticed it's a little lighter on my resources -- even though there is no specific mention of that though in the changelog. Also for the DHT that has been added -which has already proven its use to me-, the fact that it now respects 'private' torrents (which is ofcourse why sites are now unbanning BC), removing the need for a PIX-disabling patch, so you can benefit from it (and DHT) on public tracker torrents. Not to mention bugfixes. I remember my 0.58 crashing every 8 or so hours....All in all a very worthy upgrade.
    This space unintentionally left blank.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I am using ABC and I never had any problem like that... I hope it will continue this way !!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    If you have NOD32 there's a known conflict between it and ABC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast