Thread: Dude... craziest thing happened at work today!

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

Surprised/Amazed

I was working at the movie theatre today, and I had a Usher shift for today. Ushers are the guys who clean the theatres basically. Well, first of all, today was a big day. We had three screenings, we were showing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory twice, and some other movie I can't remember once. So yeah, it was a big day, we had 3 managers, and the general manager all walking around in the lobby, greeting the people who run the screenings.

At around 6pm, we were outside theatre 1, the movie was Batman. It was me and a girl named Mayra, just us outside the theatre, waiting for everyone to exit so we can go in and clean it. One gentleman and his wife came up to me and said, "Yeah there is a man inside, and he's been drinking throughout the whole movie. He fell down the stairs, could you please keep an eye on him?"

Right then I think to myself, "shit we have a drunk." Before I even move to go tell a manager, I see the man slowly exiting the theatre.

Holy shit! This guys slowing walking out, and he's walking like he's half dead. His head was covered in blood stains, he had wet himself, and he was walking completely drunk, moments from collapsing. No matter how funny it sounds, trust me, its not funny when your there. This guy looked completely wasted, and like he had nothing to lose. I practically freak out, and tell the nearest supervisor. The supervisor calls the manager over the walkie.

The man makes a left out of the theatre, and towards the bathroom. He walks past the bathroom, and towards a different theatre. My manager calls another manager, and starts running after the guy. My supervisor asks me and Mayra to follow him just in case. My manger catches him, and starts questioning him.

Manager: Sir, come with me.
    Guy [drunk as fuck]: No, leave me alone! I just wanna watch a movie!
    Manager: You wanna have a seat real quick? You don't look so well. You under the influence?
    Guy [falling apart]: No, I said I'm fine! Just leave me alone.
    Manager: Well you wanna go to the bathroom? Clean yourself up? Because you seem to have blood all over your forehead.
    Guy: Just leave me alone!!!
    Manager: Unfortunately sir, I can't let you stay, your under the influence.

After like 10 minutes of arguing, he got the drunk to clean himself off in the restroom. Then he was thrown out by security.

While we're cleaning the theatre, I was looking where he was sitting. I found a bottle of Gin, and a toolbox. I opened up the toolbox, and found pills! Like 3-4 containers filled with pills!

Jesus christ. Keep in mind that this all happened in a crowding movie theatre. A guy drunk as fuck, blood stains all over, and he soiled himself. All in a theatre filled with families here to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Dude I was scared, you can't underestimate a blood-stained drunk who's got nothing to lose.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    LOL..... nice story. Btw nice sig!! Me wants a hamburger that big!!!!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Welcome to the world of dealing with the public Rip. I had a job similar to your about 50 years ago. We took turns at various jobs in the cinema. Spool Boy (Person who rewound the reels), assistant projectionist(So that he could go for a drink), Usher, icecream selling, sales in the shop etc.

Nothing has changed, same public, same type incidents. Only thing then there was no Security. You all had to deal with it as a group or individually. A learning curve.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    ...and just what did you do with the pills?

yo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I've been locked in a room while my grandpa got stabbed in the other room
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 06-29-2005 at 06:26 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Maybe he was scener getting ready to do a big cam release but lost his burger and audio jack on the way in.
    Had you even taken the time to consider these possibilities at all ffs...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    @bigboab
    Yeah I figured something like this would happen at least once. I don't know what I'd do without a security guard.

@Skizo
    I went up to my manager and said "Uh.... these are his. " What was I supposed to do with them? I don't know what that stuff was for.

@ziggyjuarez
    Are you being serious? Is he alright?

@Linkin Park
    Yeah it makes me hungry at times.

@RealitY
    Alright thats it.

I was scared man... its not everyday a man like that approaches you in real life. Imagine what he could've done if he really got upset, it could have been worse...
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 06-29-2005 at 06:34 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

For future reference. All found pills secretly belong to skizo.
    Last edited by Skizo; 06-29-2005 at 06:39 AM.

yo