Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Best Computer Games

BF1942: Desert Combat is prally the best game out right now.. IMO and i know about a billion ppl who would agree

2. Games   -   #32
    mYst's Avatar Poster
    What about The Elderscrolls III: Morrowind. It's a great game, but I think it's better on Xbox. Worms Armageddon and World Party were great games too, at least I thought so...

3. Games   -   #33
    lol, worms was pretty good, but it gets boring quick
    -TiMz

4. Games   -   #34
    Hmm… well, here’s my top picks by genre

RPG (non-subscription): Diablo II- easily no competition, good gameplay, good storyline, good graphics, and b-net is dependable as always

MMORPG: EverQuest- perhaps just the best known?... I really haven’t played enough of these to be a good judge

FPS: Half-life/Counterstrike- yes, there are newer FPS’s out there now, but none have the excellent team integration, realism, flexibility and general fun factor that CS does

RTS: Age of Mythology or Empire Earth- I really can’t decide between the two, both are excellent RTS’s, it just depends on if you like semi-realism or total fantasy

God Sim: The Sims- really not a fan of this genre, The Sims was incredibly popular for quite a while though, someone explain the attraction to me…

Turn-based Strategy: Civilization 3- runner up would be the might and magic series, but personally, I prefer the realism of the civ series

Others: Mechwarrior 4- excellent game
    Yes, I agree Worms Armegeddon was nice too

5. Games   -   #35
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@16 April 2003 - 22:07
    Any RPG.

Nice list!

For me i would have to choose strategy games like starcraft or age of mythology but counterstrike and rpgs are also my favorites.

6. Games   -   #36
    Great thread.
    I like rpgs a lot. I don't own a computer, but there is one where I live, so I can't go hogwild and put a truckload of games on it. The ones I enjoy are:
    1. Command and Conquer-and its followers-Red Alert, (1+2), etc.
    2. Myst + its sequels.
    3. Planescape: Torment.
    4. Fallout +Fallout 2

I know these are not the latest and greatest, but they're the type of games I like.
    Also, I don't use any controllers except the mouse and keyboard, so I haven't had any experience with any that require joystick, etc.

Can anyone suggest some games that are similar to these,
    especially Fallout 2 and Torment? I think these kick ass.

Also, are there any places to go online where games can be downloaded for free?
    If yes, do I need any special software or esoteric knowledge to use them?

Also, my roommate has a Mac, and a Compac.
    Are there any computer games that would allow us to play in the same game as different characters, without having to pay a monthly fee for the privilege of doing so? (I don't mean access to the Web, I mean access to the game.) What if I got another Compac? Same question.
    Thanks. B)

Have fun. I think I'll go play Torment for a bit.

7. Games   -   #37
    Originally posted by Blakezor@17 April 2003 - 20:11
    BF1942: Desert Combat is prally the best game out right now.. IMO and i know about a billion ppl who would agree
    Blakezor, I humbly bow to your superior networking abilities.
    I thought I knew a lot of people in this here teeny town...
    but wow...

A "billion" people?

I USED to be in the U.S.

Now, I am simply in awe. (no zip code)

8. Games   -   #38
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    [Edit] Holy crap the quotes dislike me right now.

Any RPG.

Nice list!

For me i would have to choose strategy games like starcraft or age of mythology but counterstrike and rpgs are also my favorites.

*laugh* I was quoted out of context again.

The any RPG comment was in response to IHATEFAKEFILES' question about where else can you be another person.

My list was Morrowind, Morrowind: Tribunal, and Morrowind: Bloodmoon. Although I really like the Gabriel Knight series.

What about The Elderscrolls III: Morrowind. It's a great game, but I think it's better on Xbox.

No way is Morrowind better on Xbox. First, it's very very buggy on Xbox. Secondly, there aren't any expansions for Xbox. And thirdly, no mods!! PC all the way.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Games   -   #39
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@20 April 2003 - 04:18

What about The Elderscrolls III: Morrowind. It's a great game, but I think it's better on Xbox.

No way is Morrowind better on Xbox. First, it's very very buggy on Xbox. Secondly, there aren't any expansions for Xbox. And thirdly, no mods!! PC all the way.
    Okay, MagicNakor. Are you arguing with "yourself?"

10. Games   -   #40
    omg i was lookin all u ppl like the first shooter games >> althought they are fun they have no plot~...

if u want action go join the army~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast