Thread: My Pc Went Wead

i loged on today to my pc and all my icons on my start menu went like the windows logo same on my desktop,

any ideas

virus?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Have not heard of any virus that do this, but just to be on the safe side, I would make sure my anti virus is up to date and run a full system scan. Let me know if you find something.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@10 April 2003 - 15:47
    i loged on today to my pc and all my icons on my start menu went like the windows logo same on my desktop,

any ideas

virus?
    I had somewhat the same thing one's... after running Emule!
    All icons changed to cd icons with the normal icon beneath that!

Couldn't fix it fast enough so i did a fresh Windows Install.. i hope someone has another solution for you!

Good Luck!

ps

If you check the properties of some of the shortcuts.... are the icons normal? Or are they all really have the same icons?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Download TweakUI. It has a function to repair Icons, this always worked for me.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yea but when i say the icons changed (like to a unknown file type) none of the programs were reconised. i put in my recovery disk. its ok now

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@10 April 2003 - 18:43
    yea but when i say the icons changed (like to a unknown file type) none of the programs were reconised. i put in my recovery disk. its ok now
    Yep the best thing to do... reinstalling Windows! (that's what you did with the restore disc )

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yea that right, recovery disk dosent format and reinstall it puts my pc back to it original setting, this was when i bought my pc in 98 it got aol 4 on it. must get a newer recovery disk, but i cant make them it is a aptiva pc ibm no on else can sue the disk, some special vertion of 98 modified.