Thread: direct download sites

scribblec's Avatar Poster
    was wondering if anyone had any forums/sites which allow direct downloading of files from http? if this isnt allowed just pm them to me please

to keep the topic open can someone tell me why bittorent is just so slow nowadays with speeds not going above 20kb, unless its something like family guy then i get speeds of 150kb + its quite annoying

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    direct downloads are rare cause of bandwidth problems and the actual hosting of it (easily taken down)..

Bit Torrent isnt slow for me... its probably the torrents u are using (too many leechers) or connections bad.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Mitalca
    Does anyone know why in some torrents my speed is from 5-20 kb (with 15 seeds and 300 leechs) and I see that others are downloading at 200Kb!!!!...Why is that???..Do I have to configure something??

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Mitalca
    How can I improve my speed in Emule?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Member BT Rep: +1
    zit all depends on the bandwidth associated with each of the seeds and leechers. That gives the swarm speed which is more or less divided by all those connected. In terms of increasing your "take" from the total swarm speed. there isn't much you can do.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I can think of 3 http sites that have direct downloads or host them on megauploads or some such. But not sure if the rules of this board allow posting of them.And pretty sure to pm the links is same as posting them.
    Hmm,if a mod says it's kool I will post them for ya.