Thread: Here's A Idea?

No matter what we are being told, file sharing is not damaging the movie and music industry, if this was the case why would 7 of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time, be released within the last 6 years.

Yes we understand that the industry deserves profit from those individuals that downloading and do not buy the original if they enjoy it and watch it numerous times, so thats where this pertition comes in.

Lets introduce a levy on blank cd-r and dvd-r media, lets say 10-20% and all the profits from this levy go directlly to the movie and music industry.

Please sign this online petiton at
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...isefilesharing

And please spread the word to all the file sharing forum you visit as I wish for this petitionto reach over 10000 signs

Thankyou
    Last edited by shannon26; 07-02-2005 at 12:46 AM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    **AA swings lawsuits on regular folks based on bullshit.

**AA should just die a slow painfull death,
    they got no sympathy from me.

Thank You.
    Spoiler: Show

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Wow, looks like I'm a first.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    petitons don't work, they never have and most likely never will.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    They may not work, and they may never, but I do believe that we should at least try as it is doing no harm, in at least participating in it, I seem to have only gottan bad comments from were i have posted this, but I really thought the file sharing community would be all about helping, how about all those people that got busted for helping the small guy by uploading, well who is helping them now.

And many thanks to "hairbautt", least someone wants to start this thing. It wasnt hard was it.
    Last edited by shannon26; 07-02-2005 at 01:24 AM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    pointless

doesn't cananda do something like this on media

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yes, I believe canada does do something very similar to this. and I also believe that it is working. I also understand that you believe it is pointless, but how about helping all the other file sharers out there they at least want to do something about it. Again it is in no way harming you, in fact it is probably safer than typing in a file sharing foum, or most definitely safer than signing up to a file sharing forum.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Larry's Avatar SkyJumper
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon26
    Lets introduce a levy on blank cd-r and dvd-r media, lets say 10-20% and all the profits from this levy go directlly to the movie and music industry.
    Yeah right! that's gonna happen...

Instead, why not tax cigarettes 10-20%.

Not only will we be giving the newly-found revenue to those "poor" members of the movie and music industries saving them from a life of poverty and hardship but, we'll also be saving lives by taxing cigarettes beyond the financial reach of much of the population...
    now, that's a practical idea worthy of a petition!
    Where do I sign??

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon26
    And many thanks to "hairbautt", least someone wants to start this thing. It wasnt hard was it?
    Its not going to hurt*, what was hard is all the clicking power. I counted six clicks (not including typing) to get there. [By the way thats a joke...sort of. ]

*Although I had a dream the FBI came to my house and slapped me while calling me a P2P sympathizer.

Edit: By the way my last name isn't Peck.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 07-02-2005 at 03:38 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Member BT Rep: +1
    The problem is not with file sharing or the associated P2P networks. The problem is with the copyrighted material that is available for sharing...

The truth is filesharing is a major new revenue source for anyone producing content in any form - the convening bodies are not trying to shutdown P2P - they are however trying to stem the flow of copyrighted material until they find a way to license available material. Until they find a feasible way to do so they prefer not to lose uncounted $'s.

That said - I'm a technophile who strongly believes in the P2P movement, unlicenced and otherwise. We are just gonna have to figure a compromise. Note: as in all market structures there is always going to be an underground movement.