Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed !!!

kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamm
    im having a very similar problem. no blue screen but may as well be!
    my pc locks up - cant launch start bar but can launch some programs from desktop. have to reboot pc.
    Ive tried lots of different clients, disabled all firewalls etc, formatted pc.
    i think it might be the modem but when i first went online i was getting speeds of upto 2000k!
    now it just crashes after a few mins. ran spyware/adware /anti-virus programs etc.
    I have tried to limit my downloads in case this is a capacity issue but still no joy.

could it be my BT voyager 100 usb modem? BT say this modem is fine for my 4 meg connection (with bulldog). I can surf/play online games for hours on end without being thrown out tho.

Please help!
    your equipment seems to have complaints
    from users....I would suggest you check these sites

BT Suck (and don't we know it!)

Speakeasy - Speed Test

broadband » DSL FAQ 5. Troubleshooting
    broadband » Forums » AOL Broadband » [DSL] AOL / BT Voyager 105 DSL sync problems solved

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    thanks mate. i was seriously starting to suspect my modem but now im pretty much sure of it! sounds like the same problems im having and it explains why it is so intermitant. im gonna try a mates one out on my pc and if that works im getting straight onto ebay!
    hopefully im not counting my chickens before they've hatched!
    ive mailed bt previously asking them if i could be having trouble with the modem and they said it would be fine. now it seems like they know it has issues. gits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123