Thread: Bearshare

Is there a way you can preview avi files off bearshare?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshare FAQ
    Q: I am downloading as AVI type video, why won't it preview?
    A: An AVI file requires the very tail end which contains an 'index' in order to function, an incomplete file will not have this important part. In order to preview an AVI go to "File" --> "Explore Temp", find the incomplete AVI file and make a copy of it, use a utility such as Video Fixer to reconstruct the index of the copied file then view it in your favourite media player. An incomplete video may need to have several megabytes downloaded before this procedure will work.
    I don't use bearshare, but that was in the FAQ on the site (http://www.bearshare.com/help/faq-audio-video.htm#4)

Hope I helped.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Culpinat0r's Avatar Hendrix is God
    Quote Originally Posted by |F1|
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshare FAQ
    Q: I am downloading as AVI type video, why won't it preview?
    A: An AVI file requires the very tail end which contains an 'index' in order to function, an incomplete file will not have this important part. In order to preview an AVI go to "File" --> "Explore Temp", find the incomplete AVI file and make a copy of it, use a utility such as Video Fixer to reconstruct the index of the copied file then view it in your favourite media player. An incomplete video may need to have several megabytes downloaded before this procedure will work.
    I don't use bearshare, but that was in the FAQ on the site (http://www.bearshare.com/help/faq-audio-video.htm#4)

Hope I helped.
    how can you not use bearshare? it`s amazing.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpinat0r
    Enlighten us.... in your opinion how is it "amazing"?

I would rank it probably #3 in terms of gnutella clients, behind gnucleus and limewire...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    I found private bittorrent trackers. THOSE are amazing. I used to use the gnutella network through shareaza, but the download speeds were always slow for me, and ended up using the edonkey function most. Anyways, this isn't a "What client do you use and why" thread.