Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another baby killing/injuring due to games..

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Urgent

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

GAME-MAD DAD 'KILLED BABY'
    Twin son 'dead under GameCube fan dad'

A WEEPING mother told yesterday how she found one of her twin baby sons lying dead on a sofa under her computer-mad boyfriend.

Zoe O'Leary, 18, spotted the leg of four-month Byron poking out from beneath sleeping James Tuffs who was said to become enraged if interrupted while playing on his Nintendo GameCube.

She said: "James was lying on him. I started shaking and screaming at him to move. He got up and picked up Byron. I said 'Oh my God you've killed my baby'."

Byron had a fractured skull and two fractured ribs. His brother Tyrese - who was sleeping on the floor - had fractures to his skull, ribs arm and legs. Dad Tuffs, 21, denies manslaughter and cruelty.

Prosecutor Oliver Sells said there was no cause of death for Byron.

But he dismissed Tuffs' claim that the baby suffocated when he fell asleep on top of him, saying: "These serious and extensive injuries were caused by this defendant who must have operated a persistent regime of cruelty."

Tuffs cared for Byron and Tyrese downstairs while Zoe looked after their daughter, Aaliyah, now two, upstairs, Norwich crown court heard.

But he was accused of preferring computer games to his children.

The twins, it was claimed, would regularly fall asleep on the sofa while Tuffs played into the early hours.

Mr Sells said: "You will hear something about his moods - irritable if his games were interrupted, on occasion shouting. He would rather play on the computer than anything else.

"Generally the twins would either be on the sofa or in their bouncy chairs."

Zoe claimed that once Tuffs let rip with a four-letter word outburst because she had stepped in front of his view of a computer game. Before Byron died Tuffs had been excited about buying a new game called True Crimes, the court heard.

The baby, who was "grey and floppy", was pronounced dead at hospital. Two weeks earlier, it was alleged, Tuffs told his girlfriend Tyrese had stopped breathing.

Tuffs said he gave the baby mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

The boy was taken to a nearby surgery where he was checked and found to be well.

Mr Sells said though health visitors regularly looked in on the family neither child had external injuries. The fractures, which medical experts said could not have been accidental, were revealed by X-ray.

The prosecutor added: "No one, except the person responsible, would have known of these injuries.

"This is nothing to do with shaken baby syndrome and it is nothing to do with cot death. It is about injuries inflicted on these babies."
    [sarcasm]

First the stabbing, then this, and now the terrorist bombings. England all of a sudden became a much worst place to live in than America . Seriously, wtf is wrong with people these days?
    [/sarcasm]

Baby killing cuz you can't get past a specific Mario level? WTF. Share your comments.

edit: since a lot of you have no idea what sarcasm means I have taken the time and liberty of putting in the sarcasm tags (jesus man you guys really make me laugh sometimes "oh noes! cpt_azad is comparing england with america and saying that it is a worst place to live than america!" just wow, if you all know me by now you also know I really don't like America that much)
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 07-11-2005 at 12:30 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Wtf kind of shit is that, you would think it would be the other way around, kid killing parent or some1 instead of the parent doin it.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    I thought you nazis liked it when the herds were culled?
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad

First the stabbing, then this, and now the terrorist bombings. England all of a sudden became a much worst place to live in than America .

Rather a sweeping generalisation based on a couple of incidents....having lived in both countries....I know which I feel safest in....a place without guns please.

As for that guy, well he was clearly far to young to be a responsible father of 3 at 18 and is little more than a child himself, having a child's mentality and a child's patience....

It was a despicable act of course, but why am I not surprised.....?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    First the stabbing, then this, and now the terrorist bombings. England all of a sudden became a much worst place to live in than America . Seriously, wtf is wrong with people these days? Baby killing cuz you can't get past a specific Mario level? WTF. Share your comments.
    Sounds to me like you read headlines and nothing else then. England is not Disneyland. America is also larger than the UK.

You also forget the underlying problem which has nothing to do with video games. It is hype.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    You also forget the underlying problem which has nothing to do with video games. It is hype.
    What do you expect from someone who painted you and me with as large a brush as possible as murderers?
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi

First the stabbing, then this, and now the terrorist bombings. England all of a sudden became a much worst place to live in than America . Seriously, wtf is wrong with people these days? Baby killing cuz you can't get past a specific Mario level? WTF. Share your comments.
    If any doubt still lingered about your idiocy, surely this statement has quelled them.

You've posted two isolated incidents. Hardly representative of a country with 60million population. Well, 49 Million if you mean England and not the UK.

You do know that there is a difference.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Before Byron died Tuffs had been excited about buying a new game called True Crimes, the court heard.
    what's the relevance of this?

The media is yet again bashing the gaming industry and holding it responsible for all bad things that happen in the world

It's obvious here that that baby didn't die because of games or violence in games.
    It just happens to be that the father couldn't stand it that he got interupted during gaming,just like there are some people who can't stand it if they get interupted while watching a soccer game on TV.

So gaming has nothing to do with this.

Damn media is just trying to give gaming a bad name,yet again.

Here's another great example of that:
    http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=...UserId=5345401

hmm...asspie

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I'm sure he could have just as easily have done it because the kids interrupted his watching a football game.... would the press be trying to blame football or even TV?
    This person is the dregs of human life and I hope his stay in prison is as unpleasant for him as the other prisoners can make it. May he suffer.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

If any doubt still lingered about your idiocy, surely this statement has quelled them.

You've posted two isolated incidents. Hardly representative of a country with 60million population. Well, 49 Million if you mean England and not the UK.

You do know that there is a difference.
    The fact that it gets this much attention in the media should be a clue to how uncommon it is.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-08-2005 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast