Thread: News careing about kids more now?

What with all this coverage on kids getting kidnapped/murdered now?A month ago you would see a few here and now but now its getting ridiculous.As soon as they find one kid they move onto another kid.I think this is a true crime but its a common as cross walking.The problem has not increased only the amount of coverage.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Maybe it's not that more kids are getting kidnapped or whatever. More like there has been a few high profile cases of misdeeds against children (Michael Jackson) and the media are feeding the public stories which they reckon they'd be interested in.

Without the high profile stories then these crimes might not headline.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Yeah the MJ thing was huge.I think time would be better covered on the G8 or more inportant news.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its different when you have children , you feel every atrocity against kids like it was your own. I can't even read the newspaper anymore because of this . I stick to the sports and the funnies.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    high profile cases of misdeeds against children (Michael Jackson)
    don't you mean "high profile cases of popstars being found not guilty of misdeeds against children (Michael Jackson)"?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    It's simply the flavor of the month.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    nah, not flavor of the month... an abundance of missing children stories means it's a "slow news day" and the news shows can't think of anything more interesting to report. to be blunt: the american mainstream has difficulty comprehending or caring much about the relevance of international economic/political conferences like G8. it's not a simple personality-conflict story. if it weren't for the london bombings, u.s. news programs would be hard at work right now trying to figure out what to present as this week's "top" story because G8 would not be it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Shouldn't be watching "mainstream" news in the first place.

Way to easy to find better, non-biased news outlets in this day in age.

Look into satalite providors such as dish or direct tv, they both have various BBC, PBS, ect. news sources. Otherwise I hear this interweb thingie has a few interesting news web pages.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif