Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cya FST

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Thank you all for your words - even you, JP.
    To clarify - I meant that in my price range there are even some with cable, which would mean I'd not be gone for long. Obviously, my disappearance would be a little permanent if what I choose hasn't got so much as a phone line.

I actually don't have much of what I consider my own... no TV, just a stereo, a computer, a car, some diy tools and my clothes (which are nothing to write home about).
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Thank you all for your words - even you, JP.
    To clarify - I meant that in my price range there are even some with cable, which would mean I'd not be gone for long. Obviously, my disappearance would be a little permanent if what I choose hasn't got so much as a phone line.

I actually don't have much of what I consider my own... no TV, just a stereo, a computer, a car, some diy tools and my clothes (which are nothing to write home about).
    Don't thank me, I find the whole thread nothing short of astonishing.

Where are you posting just now BTW.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Well, how's this thread for dropping a little perspective on us when we "think"we have problems.
    Exactly.

God speed and good luck.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Leaving is sometimes the best thing to do. l begged my mother to leave my father for years, she chose to stay together "for the kids", and gave us years of misery and abuse, (physical and mental, not sexual).

Get your own place, and set it up for the kids, let them know they now have two homes and always make them welcome. Never turn them away, cancel what you are doing if it clashes with them wanting to be with you, and remember the golden rule .. "never run their mother down to them".

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RioDeLeo
    Leaving is sometimes the best thing to do. l begged my mother to leave my father for years, she chose to stay together "for the kids", and gave us years of misery and abuse, (physical and mental, not sexual).

Get your own place, and set it up for the kids, let them know they now have two homes and always make them welcome. Never turn them away, cancel what you are doing if it clashes with them wanting to be with you, and remember the golden rule .. "never run their mother down to them".
    Sounds like sage advice to me.

Potential cable access should be considered somthing of a bonus.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Good advice from you all , where you guys 20 years ago when I needed you. Seriously tho you have to make the kids welcome even if its a tiny apartment, make sure it's near a park or have a yard to kick a ball around with dad.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Good luck man, and remember everything happens for a reason. It may be tough now but once you are in the shitter you can only go up

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Good luck Chewie....

My ex is still in debt up to his armpits 5 years after we split, and is the highest earner amongst all his mates...some people never learn and its best for everyone to just let them get on with it..

As J2 said, you can show your kids by your example of getting a place sorted and making it welcoming.

I hope you get some comfortable accommodation, and that you can at least get dial-up
    Last edited by sArA; 07-14-2005 at 11:39 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    stay in touch,
    I wish you well

we are here, we will listen,we will talk
    I will keep you in my thoughts.

a lot of us just lurk and do not post very often

rest assurred, we are here to listen
    I await your return to our forum
    with updates on your experience

patience my friend.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I find it astonishing that someone with so much going on with their life even thinks about the internet.

when there's so much bad going on in your life you turn to the people you know that will listen or support you and that generally you feel happiest around whether they be friends at work, friends you've had since you were 5, or people you've never met before in your life but only know from either forums, chat-rooms, or friends of friends of friends you talk to on line (msn, yahoo etc)
    basically, when people are having a rough time they just want reassurance that their not making a big mistake or that someone somwhere would care if something were to happen to them (selfinflicted or not)

i know i was helped through some bad times by people i hadnt ever met and still havent

and chewie, always remember no matter what, you have the support of many people here (encase you hadnt noticed)

Masta.z!
    lurker extrordinaire

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast