Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cya FST

lynx's Avatar .
    Whatever you decide, good luck mate.

Damned Wookies.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    kill your wife

problem solved
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Heavy story Chewie
    i can imagine delving in web forums isnt the best idea right now
    it will work out

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Thanks for the kind words of support, everyone.

Posting from home now but I've been busy looking at places and put a holding deposit on one on Wednesday. It's only a "compact" one bedroomed basement but with a futon I can have sleepovers if the kids want.
    Oh yeah, I paid without first checking for internet access, so does that move me up in your estimation, JPaul?

Still gotta look at two more places this morning in case that one falls through though.

With regard to the situation at home... I didn't get a birthday card from Mrs Chewie on Monday; didn't get a single word out of her until that night as a matter of fact - not even 'thanks' for the coffee I made her before I left the house in the morning.

My son is acting like a complete cunt to everyone. I now have confirmation of my belief that he's an argumentative, theiving, scumbag waster smoking 'blems' (joints) whenever he gets the chance. Mrs Chewie won't entertain the idea of him doing any of that, though. He talks to me like I'm shit one moment and the next wants me to fix his computer... no fucking chance. I have wasted far too much love, effort, energy and money on him in the last year already.

Hopefully I'll be in a new place on Monday. Can't wait to get out.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    My sister was in what amounted to a bedsit last year in Reading, she managed to get a wireless connection for quite cheap. If you're in a coverage area it is worth checking out.

Good luck with the rest of it.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Oh yeah, I paid without first checking for internet access, so does that move me up in your estimation, JPaul?
    Seeing as you ask, no.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @chewie good to hear from you. No birthday greeting ? That says it all I was brought up that your birthday was a special day just for you .

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Well, I've been a busy boy.

I saw a slightly larger flat much nearer work for an extra £25/month just after my last post and put a deposit on that. Doing so meant losing the first deposit (£200 - Jeez!) but it's 'more right' IMO.

I move in on Saturday and need a phone line hooked up before I can even cover my work responsibilities!

Be back soon I hope.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Good to hear bud, room for the kids I hope .

Hey I'm not doing anything on Saturday send plane ticket and beer money for when I arrive.
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-18-2005 at 02:51 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    I moved in last Saturday and have spent the last week buying those bits I didn't realise I never had, and unpacking what I can.

It's cost me more than I care to think about to move but now I have my own space to which the girls are welcome.

I bought a bike cos I'm near enough to cycle to work - if only I was fit enough to get further than half a mile - and it'd be nice to lose a few pounds.
    Ordered a TV on the never-never last night and now looking for some furniture (computer's on a dining table) to finish unpacking plus a few other bits n pieces.

Support from my natural family has been great but Mrs Chewie has been no more than offhand about the whole thing. :-/
    I'm amazed at the support from work colleagues offering help moving and their surplus houseware - perhaps they see it as a good opportunity to get rid of some junk, I don't know, but it's rather heartwarming!

Biggest surprise so far has been an open wireless network so I have broadband access for free until the owner spots me, moves, locks down the network or there's a hardware failure!

On the whole the last week has been a tolerable mix of feeling independant, being busy and feeling lonely.

Perhaps I can find some evenings free for FST again soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast