Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Filesharingtalk.com... the history

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    There was a temporary board but it was just like an old fashioned bulletin board type thing. That was the first time I was goatse'd by some arsehole.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #72
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Ah the good ole days of F*** TRX & the Catsup WAR!!!
    Ketchup
    Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. lol. Bad memory RF not disrespect.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #73
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    This was a K-lite forum?!

I am feeling ashamed for having ignored FST's history
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #74
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

It was the KLite forum. The 'K-Lite Forum' button within the client used to open up the forum which would eventually become FST. It was started by Entity and VB. "...which became very popular as Random Nut (K-lite creator) was a regular poster, and many other developers used to come here and post tools and add-ons, etc. Then Paul moved on to the Codec pack project, and most others lost interest in K-lite too (mostly due to deficiencies in the base kazaa code itself) and moved on to other filesharing methods, such as limewire and/or bittorrent..." (Barbs)

When the old URL wasn't renewed, the board was moved to a new URL, but since everything redirected to the old one, site hits went to nearly zero overnight. For a while, the forum was teetering on closing up. The board was sold a couple of times (I think) and eventually landed in the lap of 7thElement, who made the board 'Filesharingtalk'. It was then sold to the current owner, rookiecrd1. From there, {IKE}, RealitY and tesco have been the main admins who have kept the board running, along with too many mods to list.

yo

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #75
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

It was the KLite forum. The 'K-Lite Forum' button within the client used to open up the forum which would eventually become FST. It was started by Entity and VB. "...which became very popular as Random Nut (K-lite creator) was a regular poster, and many other developers used to come here and post tools and add-ons, etc. Then Paul moved on to the Codec pack project, and most others lost interest in K-lite too (mostly due to deficiencies in the base kazaa code itself) and moved on to other filesharing methods, such as limewire and/or bittorrent..." (Barbs)

When the old URL wasn't renewed, the board was moved to a new URL, but since everything redirected to the old one, site hits went to nearly zero overnight. For a while, the forum was teetering on closing up. The board was sold a couple of times (I think) and eventually landed in the lap of 7thElement, who made the board 'Filesharingtalk'. It was then sold to the current owner, rookiecrd1. From there, {IKE}, RealitY and tesco have been the main admins who have kept the board running, along with too many mods to list.
    Actually 7th bought the forum and changed the name and URL to filesharingtalk.com before the old URL was lost. The board just lost activity because of poor management (lack of interest by 7th), and the fact that klite was quickly dying out. It was only after the board was sold to rookie/brian that the old URL got lost, because 7th (who disappeared after he sold the forum) never provided brian the account information for it.
    That lost us all of the "klite forum button" traffic but I doubt it was much, seeing as klite was basically already dead anyway.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #76
    anigav's Avatar Dicks-lexic
    Are some of the Mods connected to WHT? I see some common names.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #77
    excellent work

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678