Thread: Riviera, The Promised Land

Has anyone played this game? It is a RPG on the GBA with anime-like graphics. This game is confusing at first, but actually it's really simple and fun afterwards.

The battle system is turn-based with an overdrive bar and a rage bar. When you have some amount of overdrive bar, you can use a special overdrive skill. I haven't gotten to a point where I could use a rage bar yet, so I'm not completely sure how that works.

The ingame exploring system is a little wierd. Instead of having complete control where your character goes, you only have a limited amount of options on where he can go. There are two modes, moving and looking, and sometimes looking can find new items or new places to move. It's kind of like moving pieces on a boardgame and flipping over cards for special events.

The game is really cutesy too. The story is "clichéd." The characters are as well. In spite of all this... It just makes me like the game a lot more.

http://www.atlus.com/riviera/index.html
    Some screenshots from the main site:
    Last edited by Dualz; 07-09-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    "Ave imperator, morituri te salutant!"

2. Games   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I dont play GBA

I stoped when i was about 8, although the graphics are looking alot better than pokemon did

3. Games   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    I agree with you, i completly gave up on handheld gaming.