Thread: Clients comparison

Has anyone done a comparision between the different Bittorrent clients? Or is there any reviews of them available?
    Last edited by Valentino; 07-10-2005 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Typo

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    yes I have done between azureus and bitcomet.. bitcomet doesn't have so many options, things to view when downloading a torrent, it just let u see the basic things u need to see.... azureus on the other hand has lots of plugins with witch u can enlarge u're options and so on... an important thing that I like about azureus is that it can use trackless torrents... it uses kadmelia(the thing that is used in emule plus, aka KAD) to connect to other users when a torrent is not found on the tracker given...
    I haven't seen any difference when inspecting n how many seeds/peers each program can connect to... each has options were u can put the max number of connections allowed to per torrent and global...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Geekless's Avatar Less is more
    it's not complete comparison of bittorrent client's but gives som overview of the different client's out there:
    http://planet.time.net.my/KLCC/chor_...review-and.htm

NB btw i use/like bitcomet (KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Thanks for the answers. I am also currently using BitComet, but it sounds like Azureus is worth a try.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    falconman515's Avatar Torrent King
    BitTornado is the easiest one to use click and download....Thats it can't beat that...try it out if you havent already!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by falconman515
    BitTornado is the easiest one to use click and download....Thats it can't beat that...try it out if you havent already!

yes it is ... really easy to use but when u don't have a DSL connection u will really appreciate a fas resume option cause I stay days to download a dvd... so if u have fas internet connections that could be a better option but if u don't that isn't much...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Let's Get Ill
    I have bitcomet for large files and bittornado for smaller files. My upload is a tad better with BC

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    UL speed is actually the only thing that would pull me off Azureus, have people noticed a significant improvement in UL speeds using another client? I always figured it was lower than the theoretical max due to general overhead and Acks. I generally get 80K/s UL, but my connection (using an online bandwidth tester) seems capable of 10X that...
    "The further we go and older we grow, the more we know the less we show."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    I think you mean that the bandwith tester says 800 kbits, and if azureus is maxing out at 80 KB/s that means it is maxing out your connection. I might be wrong, though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Oh...hmm good point, that pesky Kbits KB discrepancy. I'll double check at home tonight. Thanks! It will set my mind at ease to know that I don't have a big chunk of unused UL bandwidth I can't tap into. That's been bugging me for a while now.
    "The further we go and older we grow, the more we know the less we show."