Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to give modeling a try.

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Can someone could suggest a good modeling program,a good user friendly one? Along with that some good tutorials to learn the program and its functions? Thanks, think total newb

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    poser is decent for people
    u can get a lot of interior decoration software out there (they sell em in book stores and at best buy and stuff)
    mid-advanced: CAD, auto cad, etc
    advanced: maya and other motion-capture/animation/amazingly powerful software

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well what i want to do is to practice a bit, because my friends mod is going down the crapper, and the teams put alot of effort and time into it and i donmt want to c it go. So i wana try to model a few buildings and such, mabye move up to vehicals later.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    For your purpose, there are several to choose from:

Cinema 4D
    Wings 3D (free)
    Blender (free)
    Maya
    Lightwave
    3D Studio Max
    GMax (free)

I've pretty much tried using all of these, and IMO 3D Studio Max is the easiest to do polymodeling with (what you seem to want to learn how to do). To me, it has the most comprehensive, non-overwhelming interface out of all of them. I went from knowing nothing, to doing a full girl warrior as my third model.

Oh, also, I've heard Wings 3D is also really great for some fast polymodeling. Plus, it's free.
    Last edited by Xilo; 07-11-2005 at 06:57 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Alrite i will try wings 3d, before i decied to make a big download

thanks for teh help

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Try Gmax first, then 3D Studio Max. Both are easy to use to get into modelling and both have excellent tutorials as well.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Gmax is good, but it really isn't that great for using with stuff that doesn't support it. Scripts could be used to export to a more widely used format, but that would probably be more of a hassle...
    Last edited by Xilo; 07-11-2005 at 11:51 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ZBrush is an excellent (& unique) prog, that will let you model in 3D (especially for organic shapes), then edit in 2D.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Milkshape 3d.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Milkshape 3d.
    I didn't really like the interface in Milkshape 3D myself, but if you really want a flexible 3D program which you can use legally then Milkshape's definitely the one to go for as the price is pretty reasonable.

Especially when you consider that it's only it's only $25 whereas 3D Studio Max costs $3495

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast