Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Usenext...heard of it?

mountana
    Usenext isn't bad for someone who is just learning about newsgroups. Thier retention is just as good as anyone elses.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    usenext.de is legit, although i never use newsgroups myself
    they also have a banner on the bitlord bt client that i used to use.

i'd go with a site recommended by the users here though, so i'd pass on usenext

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    I've tried the usenext 3 GB trial.
    It's nice, except their completion is not as good as many of the other providers out there.
    Also, their system is ridden with bugs (the unlimited plan still eats away at your download volume, etc.) and their support chat is useless.
    If you want to try them out, go ahead, the free trial is nice, but if you want to be able to download without having to worry about completion/repairing files, I would go with another service (especially if you want a paid service)

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    redshark
    I have been using giganews first, but then I joined usenext some months ago mainly because of their easy to use usenet client with this built in search engine and thumbnail preview for picture newsgroups. another highlight is a "download wizard" that automatically downloads all the files needed for a certain movie for example, and then repairs and uncompresses the files, so that you can immediately play the movie after the download has finished. to check the quality you are able to preview movies even if they are compressed and split into rar files.

since they offer this unrestricted "low speed" download (up to 500 kbps -> that's more than 140 GB per month) additionally for free, they are more than competitive with their prices. I don't need that much downloads anyway...

@Ranilin: they also offer monthly plans, just look at this page:
    http://www.usenext.com/UseNextDE/sho...sLangToken=ENG

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by redshark
    I have been using giganews first, but then I joined usenext some months ago mainly because of their easy to use usenet client with this built in search engine and thumbnail preview for picture newsgroups. another highlight is a "download wizard" that automatically downloads all the files needed for a certain movie for example, and then repairs and uncompresses the files, so that you can immediately play the movie after the download has finished. to check the quality you are able to preview movies even if they are compressed and split into rar files.

since they offer this unrestricted "low speed" download (up to 500 kbps -> that's more than 140 GB per month) additionally for free, they are more than competitive with their prices. I don't need that much downloads anyway...

@Ranilin: they also offer monthly plans, just look at this page:
    http://www.usenext.com/UseNextDE/sho...sLangToken=ENG
    I ditched them because the "unlimited" plan actually ate away at my download credits

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    usenext suck
    Hi guys, excuse my newness but I'm just doing the rounds to the forums to spread the word on scam site - Usenext.

--------------

There's an employee out there defending them at every op so I thought I'd post some hard evidence proving they're a scam -

----------------

- I must first say to you all - Yes I did get the software, which was ok I guess... I did use it but cancelled as soon as I realised I was being charged -
    ------------------

I did sign up for the 14 day trial and they charged me about 1 hour later.

I have since emailed USENEXT 4 times - (nice long queue of 413 they had there!) with no reply given as yet except one basically avoiding the subject in question and giving me the run-around with no refund offered.

Go to: http://www.roadrider.com.au/usenext_is_a_scam

And you'll see the copies of all the emails I've sent them, the order I made and the receipt they sent me. And this all happened within 48 hours. I signed up, they charged me, I cancelled.

I notice they removed the comment about not charging people while on the 14 day free trial too.

Luckily I took a screen grab of that while it still existed to give to my bank. This can also be found at:
    http://www.roadrider.com.au/usenext_is_a_scam

I have posted both screen grabs of my emails and what usenext scam site used to say.

I have very simple questions for them:

1. Why was I charged during the free trial when it says, in bold I will NOT be charged and you're saying you've never charged people??

2. Why did you remove that comment from the site?

3. Why have I not received a reply?

4. How do you live with yourself you slimy piece of cyber scum??

-----------------

Thank guys!

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    macmason
    [QUOTE=Filliz]
    9$ a month for 5 gigs
    I pay 9$ for 10 gigs

QUOTE]

man try these if your paying for just 10gb of stuff

3 for 3 High Speed Trial - $3.00
    3 days of high-speed Usenet service with unlimited downloads for $3.00.

https://usenetserver.com/

your get nine days none stop

i have 3-month High Speed - $39.95 *
    3 months of high-speed Usenet service with unlimited downloads for $39.95.

but its been perfect for me so i think i go monthly next month

well i guess its what connection and time you have to download and what you need
    i had 3 months lik ei said by 2nd month i used up my 250gb hard drive lmao
    Last edited by macmason; 04-01-2006 at 12:15 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    truenorth
    I saw usenext today and was enticed to sign up until...they asked for a credit card. that immediately raised a red flag. thank god i didn't go ahead.

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    MarkIve
    I have used the usenext trial and wasnt charged a penny... it worked really well but at the time i didnt want to continue to use it. I am now looking again and am definatly considering using usenext unless i can find someone better..

I only have a 500k connection so they may work out better for me with their unlimited option.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    I tried their unlimited but there were bugs in the system and it wasn't really unlimited. (It took like 2/3 a credit for each 1 MB downloaded) If you're going to pay, I suggest giganews or newshosting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast