Thread: LOOKING for Star Trek: TNG Best of. For $$

slim150's Avatar Poster
    Anyone in the states notice that Spike TV has on late friday nights the best of Star Trek: The Next Generation? I really enjoy it and I was going to buy the entire TV series until I noticed it cost mmm 600ish dollars.

Also, to download them off bittorrent is kinda out of the question because of the size.

So I was wondering, if anyone out there is a great fan of the series who already has them all can build a list of these best episodes on Spike TV and well.. you know .

I am willing to pay via PayPal as well. PM me or post etc..
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slim150
    to download them off bittorrent is kinda out of the question because of the size.
    I guess you don't have the patience. I'm in the process of getting the Voyager series. I'm done copying the first 3 seasons and just finished DL'ing the 4th season. It takes a lot of time(each season is just under 9 GB) but it's worth it in the end.
    So I was wondering, if anyone out there is a great fan of the series who already has them all can build a list of these best episodes on Spike TV and well.. you know .
    What the best episodes are is a matter of opinion. If I listed all my favourite episodes of TNG, you probably won't agree with some of them. You need to decide yourself.

As far as finding single episodes, I don't think bittorrent is the best choice. It's better for full seasons. I haven't looked myself but perhaps you'd have better luck with the edonkey network or Ares or DL the full season on BT then delete the ones you don't like.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Retired
    Asking money for 'backups' is wrong.

Why not rent the DVDs and copy them?
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-16-2005 at 09:56 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by davec8
    I guess you don't have the patience. I'm in the process of getting the Voyager series. I'm done copying the first 3 seasons and just finished DL'ing the 4th season. It takes a lot of time(each season is just under 9 GB) but it's worth it in the end.
    What the best episodes are is a matter of opinion. If I listed all my favourite episodes of TNG, you probably won't agree with some of them. You need to decide yourself.

As far as finding single episodes, I don't think bittorrent is the best choice. It's better for full seasons. I haven't looked myself but perhaps you'd have better luck with the edonkey network or Ares or DL the full season on BT then delete the ones you don't like.

yah i guess you are right. sigh
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}

Exactly. I have almost the entire series from DVD copies.

Work smarter not harder slim.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-16-2005 at 11:49 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}

Exactly. I have almost the entire series from DVD copies.

Work smarter not harder slim.

brilliant