Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Who The Heck Cares About The Iraqi People?

  1. #1
    Any human is touched by the unmitigated joy of the Iraqi people, who smell the scent of freedom (some for the first time) and are intoxicated.

    But don't be lead by your emotions, their happiness is a nice PR victory but does not justify the war. There are lots of dictators, many people are oppressed, censored, and tortured. So who is next? Take a number.

    Dubya went into Iraq under the premise that Hussein had WMD and was a direct threat to US security. He also claimed that when the regime was eliminated that the Iraqi people could chose a democratic government of their choice to lead them into the future.

    If you think that the liberation of the people of Iraq was a prime motivator please tune into PBS as Sesame Street may be on, right now!


    I have yet to see WMD, the future of an Iraqi government is still in doubt, so the justification of the war is still in the balance.

    You can see in my other post "the retrospective war" that I demanded concrete physical proof of WMD and I also required that the Iraqi people get to chose their own future, not be given a US puppet government.

    So, at this point, the US is justifying its means to the end, which is the same logic given to many historic atrocities. Heck, we could just round up all near sighted people and kill them, and justify it by saying that all future generations will have children with perfect vision. Small price to pay for such a long term benefit.

    My point is this: Don't be lead by emotion. The oppressed don't care who liberate them, they are just happy to be free.

    Now is the time for the US to reveal the WMD and to exit Iraq in a timely fashion or else this war has just been some chirade to advance the US agenda. If you look around the Middle East, this is what they are concerned about.

    Cmon, US, I want us to be the "good guys" in this whole affair!


    Did you see those two Iraqi men with the sign that said, "Go home American wankers". The irony is so rich. Nothing happened to them, they were allowed to demonstrate against us. That is the right of the free.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

  2. ** REGISTER to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Originally posted by hobbes@10 April 2003 - 21:26
    Any human is touched by the unmitigated joy of the Iraqi people, who smell the scent of freedom (some for the first time) and are intoxicated.

    But don't be lead by your emotions, their happiness is a nice PR victory but does not justify the war. There are lots of dictators, many people are oppressed, censored, and tortured. So who is next? Take a number.

    Dubya went into Iraq under the premise that Hussein had WMD and was a direct threat to US security. He also claimed that when the regime was eliminated that the Iraqi people could chose a democratic government of their choice to lead them into the future.

    If you think that the liberation of the people of Iraq was a prime motivator please tune into PBS as Sesame Street may be on, right now!


    I have yet to see WMD, the future of an Iraqi government is still in doubt, so the justification of the war is still in the balance.

    You can see in my other post "the retrospective war" that I demanded concrete physical proof of WMD and I also required that the Iraqi people get to chose their own future, not be given a US puppet government.

    So, at this point, the US is justifying its means to the end, which is the same logic given to many historic atrocities. Heck, we could just round up all near sighted people and kill them, and justify it by saying that all future generations will have children with perfect vision. Small price to pay for such a long term benefit.

    My point is this: Don't be lead by emotion. The oppressed don't care who liberate them, they are just happy to be free.

    Now is the time for the US to reveal the WMD and to exit Iraq in a timely fashion or else this war has just been some chirade to advance the US agenda. If you look around the Middle East, this is what they are concerned about.

    Cmon, US, I want us to be the "good guys" in this whole affair!


    Did you see those two Iraqi men with the sign that said, "Go home American wankers". The irony is so rich. Nothing happened to them, they were allowed to demonstrate against us. That is the right of the free.
    No-one has replied to this post yet?

    I guess they all took your advice and turned on PBS.

    I always did like Sesame Street.

    Peace dude

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,656
    sorry, i didn't see this

    first of all, i hope the U.S. is courageous enough to take on the task of liberating all humans under dicator oppression.

    Second, considering how we are still taking control of baghdad, do you think that there is ample time to search for the weapons?

    Most of the weapons are probably in underground undisclosed bunkers. These could take months to find.

    Actually bush should have used the motivator of liberating the iraqi people more. It wasn't used very much at all.

    What is scary now, is that they discovered that the anthrax made was proabably made by easy to obtain materials, and not much experience was needed to create the anthrax. Saddam could easily make anthrax.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,882
    Originally posted by hobbes@11 April 2003 - 03:26
    There are lots of dictators, many people are oppressed, censored, and tortured. So who is next? Take a number.
    Okay, I am only refering to one part of the whole quote.

    Yeah, there are a lot of dictators, but not like Sadam.

    I think it is safe to say that just letting the Iraqi situation alone would only make things worse for the Iraqi people. The Sadam regime wasn't going to fade away, or just "go away", if everyone ignored it. There were many people in the regime to fill Sadam's shoes, for the future. Trust me, if it took 3 weeks for the best and most powerful armed forces in the world to free Irag, then the powerless people of Iraq had no chance to overcome Sadam and his thugs.

    As the Sadam story unfolds, the truth is revealed. There are hundreds of horror stories we hear, and wonder how true they are, but even if one of them is true, that makes Sadam an evil dictator. He is up there in the ranks of Stalin and Hitler. The "people' couldn't get rid of those leaders, it took wars to get rid of them.


    I can go on with this topic till the end of time, so I'll end here for now. Let somebody with my same opinion add to it.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,401
    I don't believe Stalin was "rid of" by means of war. Unless I'm recalling incorrectly, he died in office.

    Thousands of people turned out to see his funeral procession. Not all may have liked him, but he was their leader, and many were genuinely distraught to see him dead. The cult of the personality at its finest.



    Edit: clarification.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,656
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@13 April 2003 - 03:02
    I don't believe Stalin was "rid of" by means of war. Unless I'm recalling incorrectly, he died in office.

    Thousands of people turned out to see his funeral procession. Not all may have liked him, but he was their leader, and many were genuinely distraught to see him dead. The cult of the personality at its finest.



    Edit: clarification.
    he did die in his office. of a stroke. people were so scared to bother him that he layed there helpless for hours until he died.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@13 April 2003 - 06:02
    Thousands of people turned out to see his funeral procession. Not all may have liked him, but he was their leader, and many were genuinely distraught to see him dead. The cult of the personality at its finest.
    You know, those thousands may not have come to see him out of respect of his office, power and authority.

    They may have come to see him to satisfy their minds that he was dead.

    I expect that in Iraq also.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,401
    Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 20:08
    he did die in his office. of a stroke. people were so scared to bother him that he layed there helpless for hours until he died.
    Assuming you don't consider the many theories of his death, such as murder.

    Edit: spelling.

    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    69
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@13 April 2003 - 12:02
    The cult of the personality at its finest.

    Oh yeah,and now we have the cult of no personality,ie.Bush & his little band of festering middle-aged fascists.

    As they say,every population gets the government it deserves,so presumably Americans found themselves ready to be governed by a nasty little arms dealer....dozens of individuals too sh*t scared to go and live in their own homeland,and an ex wrestler....hahahahaha.

    Just as you sow,so shall you reap.

    I read a very pertinent post on these forums yesterday referring to a huge barbed wire fence being erected all around the states to keep people out,well,if I were you I'd start putting it up now,'cos 9/11 was,I suspect,the first pinprick in what may become extremely unpleasant for the yanks over the next few years.

    Hey,I've heard that Russia & China have weapons of mass destruction,who's for a go at them?...Please form an orderly queue to sign up,you may even get your 15 minutes of fame !!!

  11. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,401
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz@13 April 2003 - 21:37
    You know, those thousands may not have come to see him out of respect of his office, power and authority.

    They may have come to see him to satisfy their minds that he was dead.

    I expect that in Iraq also.
    Some may have. Most didn't. You can't fake the grief you see on most of the faces at Stalin's funeral.

    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •