Catalyst 5.7 released
- by Zardon On Jul 14, 2005 - 10:54 AM
Terry Makedon has posted in our forum regarding the release of 5.7 over here.
1080p Display Support Option
Catalyst™ 5.7 introduces support enhancement to the display support options found in the Digital Panel Properties of the Catalyst™ Control Center. This enhancement will offer a 1080p standard format option for a displays that are reporting incomplete or incorrect capabilities in their EDID information. This feature will be supported on ATI Radeon® X300 products and above, and will be supported under the Microsoft Windows XP, 2000 and the next release of the Windows XP Media Center Edition operating systems.
Catalyst™ Control Center Un-install Option
Catalyst™ 5.7 introduces a clean un-install option for the Catalyst™ Control Center. When a user chooses to remove the Catalyst™ Control Center, all desktop shortcuts, user defined profiles, and hotkeys will be completely removed from the system. All custom setting will need to be recreated when the Catalyst™ Control Center is installed once again.
Enhancements to our driver's internal memory management bring significant benefits to 64MB and 128MB framebuffer configurations in Catalyst™ 5.7.
The resulting performance gains are most apparent in high resolution, everything on modes, when running applications that use a significant amount of graphics memory. Examples include:
* 5-15% gains in 3DMark05 on some products
* 20-60% gain in Far Cry Regulator across multiple settings
* 25-60% gains in Half-Life 2 at 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF
* 40-60% gains in UT2004 at 1600x1200 6xAA 16xAF
* 50-100% improvement in Comanche4 at 1600x1200 6xAA 16xAF
* 50-200% gains in certain ShaderMark tests at high resolution
get them from www.ati.com