Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everytime I buy something online, something goes absolutely wrong!!!

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

Angry

First, let me start off by saying this.... SHIT!

There, now that I've gotten that out, let me go on...

Like a week ago, I bought something off eBay. I won Super Mario Advance 4 for my Gameboy Advance SP in an auction. Now, knowing this was eBay, I was sure to pay attention to the user's feedback. Up until now, he has 100% feedback, nothing negative. He's also sold GBA SP games only, up until right now.

So I bought Super Mario Advance 4 for $14 (with shipping), which was good, the game costs $24 used. So I'm happy, I got it for $14, and I waited one week. Today the game arrives. And guess what? I open the package to find a bootleg copy of the damn game!!!

The label on the cartridge is literally home-made! It's like a sticker with a stretched image on it, it looks like it was obviously made with some label-making program at home! The stupid thing came off easily!

When I turn on the game, I get the following message:
    Reading...
    Saved data corrupted.
    Game OK.
    File 1 OK.
    Blah blah blah OK OK OK.
    It looks to me like he got a flash rom cartridge (empty GBA cartridge), and put the Super Mario rom on it. I normally wouldn't have a problem with it being bootleg and stuff, but the game is messed up. I ran into a ton of problems trying to save my game. This sucks, half the time I save my game, it disappears after it turn my GBA off and back on.

How the hell did he sell 20 something bootleg games to eBay users and no one noticed??? Everytime I buy something online, something goes horribly wrong!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    You can buy these bootlegged games for a few quid ($6 or so?) in countries with more lax laws. I always buy a few new GBA games in Turkey, you gotta be careful of things like Pokemon though, they don't have the time battery, etc. Some don't save games properly, either, while some are perfect. Its hit and miss, really, but the price is right considering how much you'd have to pay normally.

EDIT: I wonder if you could go buy it brand new from a shop nearby. Swap cartridges. Take it back and say it gives an error message when you put it in (plus most stores have a week or so no quibbles return). They'll probably check the cartridge quickly, and if they're not smart they won't know. Bang. You've got a brand new real, working game.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; 07-16-2005 at 11:21 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Report him to ebay and paypal. Selling warez is not only illigal but totally against what the scene is about. Email him saying your gonna gtet him butt fucked by ebay unless he refunds you your money.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Report him to ebay and paypal. Selling warez is not only illigal but totally against what the scene is about. Email him saying your gonna gtet him butt fucked by ebay unless he refunds you your money.
    ...and the scene is so happy with p2p...

Peace bd

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I think Peerzy refers to Teh Scene, groups that does the rippin.
    They dont charge money.
    I dont think the groups actually feed the p2p with the releases.
    But lucky for us, someone who has access to the right places does.

Just an uneducated guess, I dot claim to understand how all this Scene and p2p stuff works.
    Spoiler: Show

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    roflmfao, i totally agree with Peerzy roflmfao

7. Lounge   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut
    They dont charge money.

Just an uneducated guess, I dot claim to understand how all this Scene and p2p stuff works.
    You are correct Slinger. I was being facetious. I am currious if Peerzy realized the irony in his statement.

The scene detest p2p releases.

Peace bd

8. Lounge   -   #8
    They dont charge money.

Yup, groups don't charg for the camera they use to cam movies, or the computers they use to rip dvds.

Groups have nothing to do with the p2p scene at all. They release onto ftp's and most of them wish there stuff is kept off of P2P.

Thats why some groups even password protect stuff, and only give out the passwords to people they know in the scene.

Groups would much rather see there stuff off of BT sites, or Emule or anywhere other than teh ftp's.

P2P if you think about it is what makes companies lose all the money. Originally stuff was kept very private and only for teh 1337 people and sceners.

Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    They dont charge money.

You are correct Slinger. I was being facetious. I am currious if Peerzy realized the irony in his statement.

The scene detest p2p releases.

Peace bd
    I do realize. The P2P scene the people hwo go out on the streets with bootlegged DVD's and sell them have caused masive problems for the scene. Not just by getting pratically the whole media into it and getting reports on the news and stuff. If stuff was kept in the scene like it should be then im sure there would be alot less of these busts we see and alot more decent stuff being pirated.

I was simply saying that selling stuff also goes against what the groups work for.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeee
    roflmfao, i totally agree with Peerzy roflmfao

Last edited by Peerzy; 07-16-2005 at 12:54 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat
    EDIT: I wonder if you could go buy it brand new from a shop nearby. Swap cartridges. Take it back and say it gives an error message when you put it in (plus most stores have a week or so no quibbles return). They'll probably check the cartridge quickly, and if they're not smart they won't know. Bang. You've got a brand new real, working game.
    Most likely they will check, the game I recieved has a shitty home-made label that looks significantly different. Otherwise I'd try that.
    I sent him this message through eBay:
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm very disappointed. The game you sent me is bootleg. It looks like you took a GBA Flash Rom Cartridge (blank GBA cartridge) and put the Super Mario Advance 4 rom on it.

The label on the cartridge looks stretched and like it was made at home with some label making program. It's really easy to come right off.

The game is giving me problems. Whenever I run it, I get the following message:
    Reading...
    Saved games corrupted.
    Game OK.
    File 1 OK.
    File 2 OK.
    And it just goes on from there.

Basically I can't save my games. After playing, half the time I save my game, it just disappears. I've had to start over 5 times now. The saved game is corrupted.

This is NOT the original game, this looks like its completely bootleg to me. What should I do about my save game problem? I want some answers, otherwise I'm sorry but negetive feedback will be given.

Please respond as soon as possible.
    I'm pissed man. In no where in his aution page does it say "Note: Your not getting the actual game. I'm sending you a bullshit home-made game. Don't worry, it's 10% guarenteed to work."

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Looks like someone else (a user named shelbulah) before me finally realized that the game's this guy sells are bootleg!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=hkstandard

EDIT: Left his ass negative feedback (see top). Looking for how to report him to eBay...
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 07-17-2005 at 07:07 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast