Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: What's happened to Dave's Account?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Dave, it looks like I owe you an apology.

When I did a lookup of the recorded IPs you've used (using whoisview) it appeared to tell me that the IP addresses were owned by individuals, not that they were proxies.

I've just done another lookup, and RIPE are now filtering all sorts of info. I know there have been all sorts of upheavals at RIPE in the last few days, it seems they are no longer giving out the info in the same format. I can only guess that is what has caused the bad info.

% This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
    % The objects are in RPSL format.
    %
    % Note: the default output of the RIPE Whois server
    % is changed. Your tools may need to be adjusted. See
    % http://www.ripe.net/db/news/abuse-pr...-20050331.html
    % for more details.
    More details about the proposals they've now implemented here.

Sorry again for any embarressment I may have caused.
    no problem, i wasn't offended or anything. it was just a bit of fun

2. Lounge   -   #92
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    ok here's what actually happened.

-the whole swastika arguement took to the thread in everything related... sub-forum
    -as the whole argument died down bob logged on, on his PC (probably about 15-20 miles away)
    -i, thinking the whole thread was kinda funny sent him a link over msn. i expected him to just read it.
    -he posted something about everyone being politically correct pussies and he was gonna go burn some jews (from his PC) and told me about it on msn.
    -i kinda felt bad for introducing a troll and making the mods do some work so i sent a PM to the first mod i saw (RPerry) apologising for it.
    -the reply said i'd get banned if i didn't cut out the trolling, then bob posted again. i got a message saying i'd be banned
    -i said it wasn't me, then was told we shared an IP until i started using a proxy
    -bob was banned

a month passed

-suddenly, i'm banned

One can see your POV.

One can also see the mods POV.

Crossed wires happen. Surely it's all sorted now. Including a chap apologizing for t'misunderstanding

EDIT - Oh you wee rodding scamp.
    Last edited by JPaul; 07-20-2005 at 11:41 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #93
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    ok here's what actually happened.

-the whole swastika arguement took to the thread in everything related... sub-forum
    -as the whole argument died down bob logged on, on his PC (probably about 15-20 miles away)
    -i, thinking the whole thread was kinda funny sent him a link over msn. i expected him to just read it.
    -he posted something about everyone being politically correct pussies and he was gonna go burn some jews (from his PC) and told me about it on msn.
    -i kinda felt bad for introducing a troll and making the mods do some work so i sent a PM to the first mod i saw (RPerry) apologising for it.
    -the reply said i'd get banned if i didn't cut out the trolling, then bob posted again. i got a message saying i'd be banned
    -i said it wasn't me, then was told we shared an IP until i started using a proxy
    -bob was banned

a month passed

-suddenly, i'm banned
    You were never banned, it's simply that your proxy (the IP we see) has gone back to being the one that was blocked. That's why I said I thought that IKE had inadvertently blocked an earlier proxy, otherwise you would have been blocked immediately.

Edit: bastard.
    Last edited by lynx; 07-20-2005 at 11:44 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #94
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Dave, it looks like I owe you an apology.

When I did a lookup of the recorded IPs you've used (using whoisview) it appeared to tell me that the IP addresses were owned by individuals, not that they were proxies.

I've just done another lookup, and RIPE are now filtering all sorts of info. I know there have been all sorts of upheavals at RIPE in the last few days, it seems they are no longer giving out the info in the same format. I can only guess that is what has caused the bad info.

% This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
    % The objects are in RPSL format.
    %
    % Note: the default output of the RIPE Whois server
    % is changed. Your tools may need to be adjusted. See
    % http://www.ripe.net/db/news/abuse-pr...-20050331.html
    % for more details.
    More details about the proposals they've now implemented here.

Sorry again for any embarressment I may have caused.
    That is appreciated.

Even tho' it's nothing to do with me, it's still appreciated.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910