Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to Dave's Account?

manker's Avatar effendi
    It gives him a mesage that an administrator has banned his IP address.

It was probably his GepperRankings account he was using but since it's an IP ban, I don't think it matters.

Seems to me he hasn't done anything wrong - unless it was in GameboyWorld. I don't read that drivel.

I reckon it's a mistake, he said that it's okay for me to ask about it. So what's up
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Retired
    No IP's are banned by mistake.

Are we talking about TheDave?

EDIT:
    Not so long ago we banned a proxy IP. I just checked all TheDave's used IP's and he also used that proxy/IP.

I won't remove the IP from the blocklist, so he needs to disable his proxy or change proxy.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-18-2005 at 09:25 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Yesh he's talking about TheDave.

He's done nothing wrong is teh Gameworld
    Last edited by Peerzy; 07-18-2005 at 09:21 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    And neither the "thedave" account nor the "gepperrankins" account bear the infamous mark of the banned.
    Last edited by Guillaume; 07-18-2005 at 09:24 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    No IP's are banned by mistake.

Are we talking about TheDave?

EDIT:
    Not so long ago we banned a proxy IP. I just checked all TheDave's used IP's and he also used that proxy/IP.

I won't remove the IP from the blocklist, so he needs to disable his proxy or change proxy.
    Cheers, IKE

I don't think he uses a proxy but it may be that his ISP uses a local proxy for a lot of its users in the area. I don't really know the specifics of how it works but it might be a problem for him.

He could use a proxy to get around it, I guess - but then again, his IP is probably dynamic and a reboot might sort it out
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #6
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Isn't the IP tool thingy on this board a bit crap? I seem to remember a mod accusing DanB or SnnY of being UKResident afew months back.

Anyhow if by banning IP's you accidentally ban members then you need to stop banning IP's.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Dave still can't get on the board after re-booting and using teh proxies.

Is there some reason the proxy Dave appears to be stuck with is banned? If it's not something Dave did then this situation is a bit harsh on him

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Isn't the IP tool thingy on this board a bit crap?
    it works fine It's only a bit slow sometimes when you do an IP search (because we have so many IP's stored in the DB)

Quote Originally Posted by manker

Is there some reason the proxy Dave appears to be stuck with is banned? If it's not something Dave did then this situation is a bit harsh on him
    The IP in question is banned because of BoB!1! .
    I banned the IP after talking with Rperry (I think) on MSN about the BoB!1! account.

As soon as I see him online. I will ask him if we can remove the IP from the blocklist. I know the BoB!1! account was used by an old member here but I can't remember if it was TheDave or one of the other 2 that match this IP.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-18-2005 at 10:11 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by manker

The IP in question is banned because of BoB!1! .
    I banned the IP after talking with Rperry (I think) on MSN about the BoB!1! account.

As soon as I see him online. I will ask him if we can remove the IP from the blocklist. I know the BoB!1! account was used by an old member here but I can't remember if it was TheDave or one of the other 2 that match this IP.
    Ah, BoB!1! is Dave's RL mate. They both have the same ISP too.

I think he's a bit of an arse but kinda funny. Anyway, Dave shouldn't have to suffer so thanks for looking into it.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Any news?

Dave still can't get on here, even with a proxy.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast