Thread: Coding misstep forces new Firefox release

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    [news=http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/9608/untitled35hf.gif]The open-source Firefox browser and Thunderbird e-mail client will be updated for the second time in a week because of code changes that have unintentionally stopped some third-party extensions from functioning correctly.

The updates will take Firefox and Thunderbird to version 1.0.6, while the Mozilla Suite will be updated to version 1.7.10, wrote representatives from the Mozilla Foundation on the group's developer news blog. Mozilla oversees the software's development.

Source: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5792635.html[/news]

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Thanks, I don't see it on the Mozilla/Firefox site yet tho.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    I guess ver. 1.0.5 was a beta !

Quote : We are getting ready to release Firefox 1.0.6, Thunderbird 1.0.6, and Mozilla Suite 1.7.10 to address some API issues in the Firefox and Thunderbird 1.0.5 releases, and we want to gather feedback on extension compatibility. There is a very real chance that some of the general security improvements may impact a number of extensions that worked with 1.0.4 and earlier, and we want to identify and address as many of these as possible before we release 1.0.6.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    v1.05 crashed over & over on my puter. Dl'd the nightly build 1.06 a day or so ago. Works perfect!

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    v1.05 crashed over & over on my puter. Dl'd the nightly build 1.06 a day or so ago. Works perfect!

Good idea I'm havin trouble playing movies (wmv) I'll try that . Thanx zapjb.