Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neros Freaked out.. help!!!

Nero used to recognise my dvd rewriter when i tried to copy any movie file (avi etc) and encode it put a menu on and burn to dvd. now it doesnt recognise it automatically and i cant figure out how to do it manually, any suggestions????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Open nero vision express

near theTop right hand corner is a white
    oblong box with an arrow pointing down,
    click that and a list will appear,
    pick your rewriter.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanx for answering ill try, do you know why it wont recognise my drive properly anymore? even when i re install its the same

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It keeps saying the files to big, but its not, i tried a system restore but it didnt help, i just want it to recognise my dvd burner as it is instead of a cdr !!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Is there a CDR in the drive, or a DVD-R

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    its a dvd+rw

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    It keeps saying the files to big, but its not, i tried a system restore but it didnt help, i just want it to recognise my dvd burner as it is instead of a cdr !!!!
    Not sure I understand, but the above statement has nothing to do with your CD/DVD burner.

How big, and what type of file are your trying to burn?

You should have no problem manually selecting which drive to use. (as described above)

So exactly what problem are you having? A drive selection issue or file burning problem?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Tried what sudden said but it still doesnt encode the file to play on my dvd player
    will only accept video files. i reckon i triggered this page by using a dvdr instead of a dvdrw but since i havnt got anything but dvdrw right now i cant be sure

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbawillow
    Tried what sudden said but it still doesnt encode the file to play on my dvd player
    will only accept video files. i reckon i triggered this page by using a dvdr instead of a dvdrw but since i havnt got anything but dvdrw right now i cant be sure
    Lets see if i got this right.

You opened nero vision express
    You then selected your dvd burner
    You tried to encode the movie file to dvd

Then this is where i'm lost

the file is to big?
    will only accept video files?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Sorry it took so long to get back , ive tried all night but ill try and explain as best i can .Im trying to burn a norwiegan film ( uno ) its a avi. file around 700mb, the same as usual. it plays fine in divx player and what i would usually do then is open nero startsmart choose to burn a dvd ( without changing the menu to cd or dvd at the top, so i dont know what this was set to. But at some point between these two acts , nero says that it has found my dvd burner and if i would like to change from cdr to dvd. i say yes and then it lets me put the avi file in with a menu and encodes and writes to dvd. now that it doesnt ask that question it behaves like a cdr is in the machine or if i select my dvd burner it will only allow me to select .vob or other video files. in nero express it encodes the film but spits the cd back out when it comes to burning, saying there is not enough room on the 4.7 gb dvdrw i have in the drive. i know im coming across a bit dense but im trying to teach myself and ive only got a limited knowledge of what im talking about plus two small kids witch gives me limited and erratic time on the p.c. But any help is appriciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast