Thread: Help On Soft Modding....

well..i didnt know where to put this cuz im new at this..hopefully its ok...

well ive been trying to do this for awhile now...ive tried different files n everything...im using mechassault game to try and do the soft mod.but it is not working.

ok this is what i do.

i fiound the file that u need to put on the action replay.and so i found it..and then put it on the action replay.then i connected the memory card to the xbox..and copied the file to my xbox harddrive.and then i shut off my xbox. ( no reason) then i turn it back on.and then i inserted the game.and loaded up the file and then the screen went blank for like 2 seconds..and i guess its suppose to load up this screen ..where i have to install something..but instead i get this..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gToSoftMod.jpg

^Click That Link To See A Pic Of My Screen.

and then it just stays like that..it doesnt change or anything....and now i have tried it with 007 agent under fire.and it did the same thing..so i thought that id go buy mechassault and try it with that (thinking that it was the game.) and its a original copy of the game..and then i came home 2day and still nothing...i got the same screen. now does anyone knowwhy i get this screen?

could it be because i have put lights in my xbox..and my eject button light doesnt work?.i dont think so...well when i tried to solder the lights..i did it wrong...

does anyone have a conclusion? is there any other way i can get the soft mod to work?
    do i need a updated dashboard.? need a older version? please let me know.

imma no0b at this soft modding stuff..but after reading 5 different guides on how to do it..i thought id got the hang of it..but i guess not...

is there anything that i can do to get it working?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Hmmmmm, thats weird. Are you using the guide on this site? If you have agent under fire I would use the one on this site, as it works. Are you using the original games?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Dude this belongs in software world. *Waits for mod*

4. Lounge   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    We mods don't do "soft".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    yeah..i got both the original games......007 and mechassault..and ive tried it with both games..and still nothing.and i thought 2day it was myxbox..so i tried it on my friends..and still got the same screen..i have no reason why this happen..any1 kno?

and i did follow the guide on here..and still nothin..

do i need to play certain games..to update my dashboard.
    i read something like..games with.nba game..and some other games all i remember is something about a list of games and nba live or something being in there....
    Last edited by SilentImpact; 07-20-2005 at 12:43 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    and i did follow the guide on here..and still nothin..

do i need to play certain games..to update my dashboard.
    i read something like..games with.nba game..and some other games all i remember is something about a list of games and nba live or something being in there....

7. Lounge   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

8. Lounge   -   #8
    yeah peat

i used the guide "Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!"

i do i need a chip for my xbox..to do the soft mod..is there a way i can get a new dashboard..like..install one ...or something.i want to do this.like my brothers xbox dashboard like moves all around the screen like slow like..and mine doesnt move...he told me something like his dashboard moved ever since he played nba live 04..or some nba game...

ive read that guide over and over again...

is there a way i can like reformat my xbox harddrive..like basically delete everything and have it how i had it when i 1st got it? like a easy way..i dont know whats wrong n why that screen keeps popping up.please help me

ps- could it be because i have put lights in my xbox? ..couldt that be why its not working? jus a thought

some1 please help me...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    can some1 send me a link to the legit file i need for the soft mod...

the mechassault file i need to put on my xbox...

and the 007 agent under fire file that i need to copy to my xbox.

i bought mechassault..and i heard that it has to be the original version ..and on the back of the cd..in the middle of the cd..like..theres a little number that will tell u like if it would work or not...

the number that i have is (for the mechassault...)
    Mechassault-ms02301
    the number is in like the middle (by the little whole in the middle of the disc)

and the 007 Agent Under Fire...the number on the front...1448507

that number is like...underneath..the copyrighting stuff...at the end of all of it on the bottom right side..

Q. I dont have AUF can I use Mech Assault or Splinter Cell (the original).
    A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

do i need to find the Itools and download them and put them in my xbox before i try to install the mod?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    We mods don't do "soft".
    Yes I know. You can be as effective as a a paper muzzle in a sweetie(candy) shop when you want to.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.