Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what sites are giving invitations ?

I was a member of Pisexy but had some problems with my computer and never checked the site. Now, I cant seem to login anymore!

I guess they removed me!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by weedb0y
    I was a member of Pisexy but had some problems with my computer and never checked the site. Now, I cant seem to login anymore!

I guess they removed me!
    I think they only have 2-3 weeks of inactivity and then they delete your account over there...same thing happened to me. No biggy...although it is a very nice site.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    oink , i undersand, though i dont have an acount in it, gives invites.
    is it only for power users ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs2006abcd

Yeah...only invites for power users I believe. IN addition, it is a lil difficult to reach that on Oink...just because of the nature of the smaller files... Just takes a little longer.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cldnails
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs2006abcd

Yeah...only invites for power users I believe. IN addition, it is a lil difficult to reach that on Oink...just because of the nature of the smaller files... Just takes a little longer.
    another one is http://www.indietorrents.com/
    is it the same there ? or every user can invite ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Oh BTW I found out at oink you get invites at 10GB uploaded and at least 1.05 ratio.
    Last edited by cldnails; 07-27-2005 at 03:02 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cldnails
    Oh BTW I found out at oink you get invites at 10GB uploaded and at least 1.05 ratio.
    Is it worth asking for an invite to OINK? i like the looks of the site

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    It's worth asking for....however, I don't have any yet.

irc.oink.me.uk:6667 #OiNK

I would suggest joining their channel above...see if you can get an invite that way. It seems most people who are polite about asking for one are given one.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    What's this invitation thing good for anyway. I thought P2P was supposed to be better and faster the more users are online. So why disencourage new users?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by zenonox
    What's this invitation thing good for anyway. I thought P2P was supposed to be better and faster the more users are online. So why disencourage new users?

It's not to discourage new users...it's to keep the people out who do not have the sharing mentality. It's a safety measure for users as well...if the invites are used properly. Similar idea to using PG2...yeah you are blocking some users...but it's keeping you safe from the ones you don't want connecting to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast