Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: London Bomb's (Part II)

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Dunno, there are people being arrested and held for weeks without charge under Terrorism Acts around the world, including here.

If I was asian and some copper pointed a gun at me in London atm, im pretty sure i'd run for it too.

Boab, you wouldnt say that if your skin was darker than it is
    I have been called a Bl*k Bar Steward a few times.

The colour of your skin should not make you feel guilty. Nor should it give you an excuse from obeying lawful instructions to 'surrender'. Would you have felt great if this fellow had detonated a bomb on the tube and killed more people?

I'm sorry but it has reached the stage where we cannot take that chance.
    IMO a small amount of innocent lives lost is better than a large amount of innocent lives lost.

We will not solve this problem by sticking to the European Human Rights or any other Do-Gooding establishment. We will only do it by hitting the bastards before they can do damage.

P.S. there is absolutely no excuse for the taking of innocent lives, unless in error. No matter what the cause. We are not talking 'open war' here.
    Last edited by bigboab; 07-23-2005 at 11:41 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthInsinuate
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthInsinuate
    most people would be frightened by the sight of a gun and freeze, regardless of ethnicity
    except for black people of course, they would probably pull out an uzi and shout "i'm gonna fuck you up, pig bitch"
    You sound like a idiot. STFU.

Anyway...

The didn't deserve to be killed but at the same time he was an idiot...one, for a coat on in the middle of July and two, for running from authorities shortly after a terrorist bombing.

I wonder if a terrorist paid him (if he really wasn't one) to test the security.

Now authorities shooting him 5 times while he was pinned sounds a little far-fetched and over the top as well.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #43
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    IMO a small amount of innocent lives lost is better than a large amount of innocent lives lost.
    I am genuinely surprised at this from you Boab. Perhaps because of your view on the death penalty.

The logic is IMO without flaw in itself, although we agree that the loss of no innocent lives would be even better..... What a pity we don't live in a perfect world

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I am genuinely surprised at this from you Boab. Perhaps because of your view on the death penalty.

The logic is IMO without flaw in itself, although we agree that the loss of no innocent lives would be even better..... What a pity we don't live in a perfect world
    When at war you amend your views according to the situation.
    I have always held the belief that the shoot to kill policy works.

P.s. what were my views on Capital Punishment? I've fogotten.

5. Lounge   -   #45

the "impression" I got was you were against it..... partly because of the fear an innocent person may die.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. Lounge   -   #46

the "impression" I got was you were against it..... partly because of the fear an innocent person may die.
    No I'm all for it. Providing that there is no question of guilt.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Whilst I would agree that every effort is made to ensure that the public is safe I would quite like to be safe from my police too.

This poor chap was under surveillance, followed, and finally jumped and shot whilst going about his lawful business. The intelligence agencies have a lot to answer for. They are complaining about being stretched and yet waste resources on a Brazilian electrician who it would appear has absolutely nothing to do with any form of terrorism.

One suspects it is the same intelligence that had us believing Iraq was armed to the teeth. We as citizens cannot know if we have been mistakenly targeted. I have in the past had an occasion to make a mad dash for a bus or a train. I would be most displeased to have my brains blown out because some "intelligence" goon had told a group of plain clothes policemen behind me that I was a mad bomber. To be fair to the police, by the time this kind of mis-information has reached them they can act in no other way.

Between bombers and mis-directed police, I think London is probably a place best avoided at the moment.
    Last edited by Biggles; 07-24-2005 at 04:11 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #48

So we are as one in this.

I got the impression because you raised a question to me about it as if I was fine with it even though innocent people have been executed. You didn't state your own view on it as a whole..The question just seem anti-death sentence. But now it's clear and I am no longer surprised by your statement on this thread.

9. Lounge   -   #49

So we are as one in this.

I got the impression because you raised a question to me about it as if I was fine with it even though innocent people have been executed. You didn't state your own view on it as a whole..The question just seem anti-death sentence. But now it's clear and I am no longer surprised by your statement on this thread.
    I move with the times Vid. Trouble is the Times ends up in the Paper Recycle Bin.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    if a guy in plain clothes pointed a gun at me i'd probably leg it too

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast