Thread: wireless network stop working? plz help!

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hi,

I have 2 pc's, one which is connected through Local area connection (DSL) and other which is on wireless network.

Today for some reason the internet on pc with wireless connection stopped working. I dunno what's the problem.

I have checked the wires connections and all, and every thing seems to be hooked up right.

Internet on pc with local area connection is working fine, but wireless connection on other pc is not working.

The DSL modem and Router are both connected, so if there was problem from my provider than the internet on the main pc should also stop working, but its not, its just the wireless connection which has stopped working today. So i assume the problem is else where.

I have Netgear router, and running winxp pro on both machines.

Please help!
    Last edited by sameer0807; 07-23-2005 at 06:54 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Sounds like the router.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I would first try to do a ping test in dos to see what you get. Then try rebuiding the network adaptor in device manager by uninstalling it and letting it reinstall on a reboot. You could do the same for the winsock as well...
    Last edited by RealitY; 07-23-2005 at 08:20 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    did you backup up the settings of your router? maybe you could call Netgear, for support . This happened to me on the past weekend, I called Belkin (worst company) they didn't exactly help too much but I fixed it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    I would first try to do a ping test in dos to see what you get. Then try rebuiding the network adaptor in device manager by uninstalling it and letting it reinstall on a reboot. You could do the same for the winsock as well...
    Did what you said, but in Safe mode and every thing is working back again.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."