Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Innocent shooting

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    They followed him and challenged him, he refused to stop and legged it, therefore suspecting he was a suicide bomber they took him out, seems fair enough to me

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    They followed him and challenged him, he refused to stop and legged it, therefore suspecting he was a suicide bomber they took him out, seems fair enough to me
    Other than the phrase "took him out" I tend to agree.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It seems they were justified (as long as they identified themselves. However, I still don't get the "we let him close to the station" idiocy.

When did they realize "hey let's question this guy"?

I don't mind extra security but be fucking smart about it.

We had police with dogs on our subway platforms and everyone saw them and walked by like it was nothing. We don't mind it....at all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Apparently it was when he headed for the station and went in that things stepped up a level, it then went form tailing and arresting to possibly watching the guy blow up a tube train.

We have had armed police at our airposts for years and everyone gets on with it too Busy

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Apparently it was when he headed for the station and went in that things stepped up a level, it then went form tailing and arresting to possibly watching the guy blow up a tube train.

We have had armed police at our airposts for years and everyone gets on with it too Busy
    You don't think that before attempting to apprehend him, maybe they should have positioned themselves inbetween him and the entrance to the station. So that he couldn't have run into such a crowded place.

Seems logical to me.

They probably didn't want to let him know that they were tailing him prior to that but with the information they thought they knew about him, letting him get on a crowded bus was bad enough. Particularly when one was blown up a couple of weeks ago.

All the justification of protecting the people in the tube station kinda falls apart when you look at it that way.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

You don't think that before attempting to apprehend him, maybe they should have positioned themselves inbetween him and the entrance to the station. So that he couldn't have run into such a crowded place.

Seems logical to me.

They probably didn't want to let him know that they were tailing him prior to that but with the information they thought they knew about him, letting him get on a crowded bus was bad enough. Particularly when one was blown up a couple of weeks ago.

All the justification of protecting the people in the tube station kinda falls apart when you look at it that way.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    I dare say if they had had suspicions when he was on the bus they would have dealt with him too.

Bah, 1 down X00 to go

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I dare say if they had had suspicions when he was on the bus they would have dealt with him too.
    What extra suspicions did they have in the short space of time he left the bus til when he walked toward the tube station? The fella was on his way to work. They would have known he had to get the tube as well as the bus, he'd been under surveillance for weeks.

Bah, 1 down X00 to go
    What have you got against Brazilian electricians
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    They can't wire for shit

thats probably whyt hey didn't go off
    Last edited by DanB; 07-24-2005 at 11:32 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I think, to the police, this guy wasn't that important until he started to flee. So he wasn't important enough to stop him from getting on a bus or getting near a tube station. He was, perhaps, a potential lead who may not even have been followed up on if things had gone differently.

However, as soon as he started to flee he became a major threat. He went from someone who might have a connection to "OMG this guy might have a bomb" in a small space of time. I don't agree with what happened but I can (kind of) understand why it happened.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast