Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Innocent shooting

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    The guy suspected to be a terrorist in London shot by armed police 5 times in the head.
    Turned out he was innocent, saw it on the news last night but today I've been hearing people saying how it's really wrong and should never have happend etc.

Well I dunno about that, cos if you're being shouted at by armed police to stop of they WILL fire you would stop.
    Why did the guy not stop? regardless of a crime he may of commited. At this time especially. Someone said that he may not have understood, again I dissagree. Anyone from anywhere would be able to understand that armed police are pointing guns at you and shouting, obviously they want you to stop.
    Dunno, I'm a bit undecided on this one.
    As I typing I'm thinking well maybe he thought they would'nt actually shoot, hmmm

So basically as question.....

Trigger happy mistake?

Or

Justified tradgedy?

Jonno

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The thing is that they were plain clothed officers. He was Brazillian so he might not have understood exactly what they were saying - the tube is a noisy place and I suspect lots of people would have been screaming. He may have thought they were just guys with guns and his instinct was to run.

The same officers had also been fed mis-information linking him with terrorists.

You have to think that maybe if these policemen had not been told that he had links to terrorist groups, maybe they wouldn't have shot him. It's difficult to tell.

A great deal of human error was involved with this and a life was lost. It's a tragedy, alright.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Trigger happy mistake?

Or

Justified tradgedy?

However, if they shot him 5 times while pinned...that just sounds fucking criminal and the cops that shot him should be jailed.

The only thing I can think of is that they were afraid of him pulling a rip cord and they made him stop.

Either way, the fella was an idiot and I think he was there to test security.

I think he was linked to terrorists. Padded coat in July? How hot was it?

I wear a cut-off shirt to go to work and change when I get there, 'cause it's so hot......and this guy is wearing "extra layers to keep warm and shit.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    The thing is that they were plain clothed officers. He was Brazillian so he might not have understood exactly what they were saying - the tube is a noisy place and I suspect lots of people would have been screaming. He may have thought they were just guys with guns and his instinct was to run.

The same officers had also been fed mis-information linking him with terrorists.

You have to think that maybe if these policemen had not been told that he had links to terrorist groups, maybe they wouldn't have shot him. It's difficult to tell.

A great deal of human error was involved with this and a life was lost. It's a tragedy, alright.
    I understand that the fella had been there for sometime working. Sounds like he lacked common sense. Padded coat? Did he have on a helmet too?
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-24-2005 at 08:13 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Well possibly he was linked to something but the fact remains he did'nt do as told when a shoot to kill policy is enforced atm.

Sad but justified.

And as for the coat, well it's actually one of the coldest july's on record in the uk. Whether is shit so the coat means nothing really, also lots of people where padded coats for fashion even when it's hot cos their stupid.

Jonno

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i think i've said in another thread. if someone in plain clothes points a gun at me i'd probably run. for all this guy knew he was being mugged.

he could have been a terrorist ready to blow

the police could have made their presence and intentions better known

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

Good points, it's all a question of if's and why's. I did'nt know they were plain clothed, the pics in the paper showed them as armed police with flack jackets and stuff altho I may have read that wrong was spose to be working lol. If they were plain clothed then it throws another ingriedient into the mix and has started me thinking again. , but yeah it was a tradgedy, but the papers today and like I said general opinion seems to want to jump on the police for this.
    Thats whats bugging me, had he been a terrorist they would have been hero's.

I still say altho sad I don't think the officers acted inapropriatly.

Jonno

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

I understand that the fella had been there for sometime working. Sounds like he lacked common sense. Padded coat? Did he have on a helmet too?
    Maybe it looked like it might rain later. Perhaps he thought he looked good in it. Perhaps he needed extra pockets to carry bits and bobs to work, like tools and stuff.

I really don't know but wearing a big coat in summer isn't so unusual as to warrant being the deciding factor to end a person's life.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Well possibly he was linked to something but the fact remains he did'nt do as told when a shoot to kill policy is enforced atm.

Sad but justified.

And as for the coat, well it's actually one of the coldest july's on record in the uk. Whether is shit so the coat means nothing really, also lots of people where padded coats for fashion even when it's hot cos their stupid.

Jonno
    How cold was it?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Maybe it looked like it might rain later. Perhaps he thought he looked good in it. Perhaps he needed extra pockets to carry bits and bobs to work, like tools and stuff.

I really don't know but wearing a big coat in summer isn't so unusual as to warrant being the deciding factor to end a person's life.
    Agreed. Big coats in the summer must be a usual thing over there. ...and it must not be as hot as it is here...we push 100 degrees.

Cops were plain clothed too. Another monkey wrench.

I guess it was like, "Who the fuck are they?"
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-24-2005 at 08:27 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast