Thread: Azureus,New Laptop, Connection Probs

Got a new lptop, and just installed azureus, but its going slow as hell when downloading, same with limewire. Any ideas what could be, its as if its limited or blocked.

Cheers

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Firstly do you have the upload and download limits in the options set to sensible values, ie upload limited to 70-80% of your upload capacity and download unlimited?

Loo at the little circle at the bottom of azureus with "NAT" next to it. Is is green? Does it say "reachability ok" when you hover your mouse over it?

If it says not reachable then open a command prompt and type ipconfig. If the ip address of the network adaptor that you use to connect to the internet is 192.168.x.x 10.x.x.x or 172.16-32.x.x then you are behind a connection sharing system, typically a d-link, netgear, sitecom or linksys box. You have to find it, look what model it is, get a manual off the manufacturers website and configure portforwarding. See portforward.com

Thirdly are there lots of peers and seeds on the torrent you are downloading?
    If there are not many others in the torrent it is likely to go slow, nothing you can do about that.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The green circle isnt at bottom of azeereus, dont know why, it was on my old desktop. And as for looking to see if its a d-link,netgear etc, no luck. Its a bt home hub, if anyone else knows??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    What version of azureus?

>Its a bt home hub

Oh dear, they have a less than great reputation.
    May be worth setting the max connections limit fairly low.

Anyway there is info on the web about setting up port forwarding.

They have been mentioned here before
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/edonk...ome-hub-130354
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.