Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm on strike

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Spose to be at work atm, boss "Told" me yesterday I gotta cover the morning shifts of my work mate who's on holiday.
    Alarm went off this morning at 7am, I got up and turned it off and went back to bed
    My phone has been ringing off the hook, now it actually is off the hook

The thing is, I've dug my boss out of a lot of shit this past few weeks, given up my free time to help out, gone in on my days off, made phone calls from home, been called on my days off all to do with this refit.
    Not once has he simply said "Thanks for your help"
    In fact all I'm getting is moans about stuff that is'nt my fault, I mean ffs I'm on £5.50 an hour, I'm sorting out builders, tiled the fucking floor, saved him £3000 on a couple of things and I've sorted the win98 dos based tills out several times cos they keep crashing.
    Instead of saying "Thanks for doing that" he tells me I HAVE to work today (which is my day off) and changed all my hours to morning shifts so he does'nt have to get up early, bollocks to that.

So I'm having my day off

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    You dirty commie.

Get back to work.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    No

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Why not just answer the phone and tell him you're not going in.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    No

Jonno

You're fired, Jon.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    My shop wanted me to go in for 6.30am this week. I just laughed and pointed out that my student body would crumble to dust if I awoke for work at such an ungodly hour.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Good, without being big headed, without me that place will fall apart.
    Who fixes the lotto machine? (camalot wont send technicians out for 5 days)
    Who fixes the till system?
    Who goes in on days off? who layed the floor? etc etc etc etc

He can fire me if he wants, I can walk 500 yrds from my house and get another job which was offered to me 3 weeks ago and is still open.

But I do like my job and the people, just not the boss, the first month he took over he could'nt come down to the shop so he left us to it, we had that place running like clockwork, taking in excess of £3500 per day, then he comes back to "Manage" and takings on lotto days are topping out at £1700 ( should be upwards of £4000)
    Kinda tells you something no? he's fucked up a 25 y/o business which WAS a little gold mine and can't even see it.

Ok I'm ranting

@MCHeshPants420 ... I often go in at 6am, well fridays anyway, and ocassional sunday to open up, it's not so much the time, it's the lack of apreciation. I've said it time and time again, I'm a person, not a soldier, you ASK me, don't TELL me.

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 07-25-2005 at 11:23 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Time to take over, Jon me lad.

edit: wait, now that you're a commie, I should say: ¡ Viva la Revolución!
    Last edited by Guillaume; 07-25-2005 at 11:27 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    11am is an early start for me. I'm just not built to wake up before then. I'd have to be there for 6am, takes half an hour to get there so I'd probably have to actually wake up for 4.30am. That's just not normal.

Slightly off-topic: We had a guy come in yesterday and ask for 35 individual Lotto lucky dips for next Saturday. So, my boss had no idea, is there a way to do this quickly rather than input each ticket individually?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Dude, remember when I was looking into buying it?
    I have taken over, example, 2 sundays ago I left off at 2pm, between then and lunchtime monday I had 14 phone calls, 9 of which were from the boss cos this would'nt work or he did'nt know how to do that etc.
    I don't want the resposibility, not on my wages anyway.

You know what I said when I saved him being taken to court by builders he was refusing to pay?
    When I saved him £3000?

I said he should give the staff a bonus for their hard work, not just me, all the staff cos for the last few weeks we've just been cannon fodder for the public.
    Yet when he's in there no one says anything.

Jonno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast