• Eat something else

3 7.89%
  • STFU manker

4 10.53%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marmite: should I eat it?

Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Alright, close that topic and poll.

My taste buds' funeral will be held tomorrow at 3pm.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    pfft, wuss. I bet you would cry trying to eat a Pepperami Hot
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Absolutely yes.
    On toast or withcheese...
    Helps fight baldness too, apparently.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Lounge   -   #35
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    http://www.dailyexpresso.co.uk/2010/...-to-court.html Marmite take the BNP to court

Thursday, 22 April 2010 , Posted by Ed Allen at 06:38

Unilever, the maker of Marmite, has threatened legal action against the British National Party to stop it from using a jar of the spread in a party broadcast.

Unilever said it had not given the BNP permission to use its product and clearly doesn't want its brand to be associated with a political party widely reputed to be a racist organisation.

BNP leader Nick Griffin has a reputation as a holocaust denier and last year, in a BBC interview, suggested that European navies should be used to destroy refugee boats off the northern coast of Africa in order to prevent them claiming asylum within the EU.

The BNP's broadcast has been removed from their official website, but it can still be seen on YouTube.

In an official statement Mr Griffin went said that the Marmite jar had been added in reaction to a recent advertising campaign for Marmite which he said mocked the BNP.

The Marmite advert he referred to featured two spoof political parties, the 'Love Party' and the 'Hate Party' - an obvious reference to the Marmite catchphase "you'll either love it or hate it".

The BNP claims the Hate Party was "clearly based" on itself.

Source: BBC

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    http://www.dailyexpresso.co.uk/2010/...-to-court.html Marmite take the BNP to court

Thursday, 22 April 2010 , Posted by Ed Allen at 06:38

Unilever, the maker of Marmite, has threatened legal action against the British National Party to stop it from using a jar of the spread in a party broadcast.

Unilever said it had not given the BNP permission to use its product and clearly doesn't want its brand to be associated with a political party widely reputed to be a racist organisation.

BNP leader Nick Griffin has a reputation as a holocaust denier and last year, in a BBC interview, suggested that European navies should be used to destroy refugee boats off the northern coast of Africa in order to prevent them claiming asylum within the EU.

The BNP's broadcast has been removed from their official website, but it can still be seen on YouTube.

In an official statement Mr Griffin went said that the Marmite jar had been added in reaction to a recent advertising campaign for Marmite which he said mocked the BNP.

The Marmite advert he referred to featured two spoof political parties, the 'Love Party' and the 'Hate Party' - an obvious reference to the Marmite catchphase "you'll either love it or hate it".

The BNP claims the Hate Party was "clearly based" on itself.

Source: BBC

Griffin just gets scarier and scarier looking. I'm sure he has affected the same hairstyle as Der Furher.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #37
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    marmite is puke dont do it !

8. Lounge   -   #38
    marmite must be some out of state thing :/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234