Thread: EA's amaizing technical support.

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I was having a problem with my BF1942 a couple days ago so i sent an email to EA's technical support.

Hello, i seem to be having a problem with BF1942.

The problem first occoured after i uninstalled the Battlecraft map editor, i did not change any map settings or anything i just made a new map. Ever sence then about half way through the loading of a map online, it crashes with no error. The strange thing is this does not happen when i load a map from a mod.

I really dont want to reinstall because i have over 10gb of mods, and its going to be a pain to re download.

What did BC42 do to my system?
    EA responded this this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I'm sorry but we do not support any cheats or mods to any of our games as they can often cause issues that would not occur had these cheats or mods not been implemented. If a mod or cheat has been implemented that caused your game to not function correctly, we recommend you uninstall the game, delete any files you may have added to the game folder or modified and reinstall the game.

If you did not find the answer to your question on our website, there is a wealth of information available on the Internet. If you go to your favorite search engine and do a search for the game along with codes, hints, and walkthroughs, you may find what you are looking for. One such website is called Game FAQs (www.gamefaqs.com).

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase http://support.ea.com.

Please email us about any significant change or development with your issue.
    Thank you for choosing EA Games!

Victor O
    Electronics Arts Technical Support
    What a crappy response considering i dont hack and i was inquiring about how vanilla BF42 is the ONLY thing that is not working.

My response:

You obviously did not read my question right. I am not using cheats, and i said that this ONLY happens with normal BF42. Battlecraft has seemed to caused the problem, please read my question more carefully next time. I did reinstall and now i get random CTD's all the time while loading and while playing.
    And just now i got this responce. What the hell kind of technical support is this?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA technical support. I am sorry that you are having difficulty.

Uninstall the game completely and do not use Battlecraft.
    I could have done this without them telling me to, and i already did. I fixed the problem myself before they sent me this, so im just gonna fuck with them for a few weeks

2. Games   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    I hope EA is going down like Dell is now.

3. Games   -   #3
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Doubt it, they are massive right now, they just bought valves publishing rights for HL2 .

They keep buying everything

4. Games   -   #4
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    good old customer service. might as well been frank "god dont cheat, fuck dont call, damnt hang up the phone i dont care.....buy our next game *hangs up phone while giggling*"

5. Games   -   #5
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Technical Support sucks. It's always better to do it yourself