Thread: Wireless keyboard and mouse

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Smile

Boy my first one Wife bought it for me ,I'm impressed usb , optical mouse , , software. Cheap Walmart one too and the plicks only had french instuctions , $39.oo Canadian for the set But I don't have to worry about the kittens pulling the cords anymore . I hate baterries tho but if this pans out I'll buy a better one . Almost seems too quick tho the mouse I mean .

Its a Micro brand KB985W-FRC The frc should of tipped my wife off .

Link : http://shopper.howstuffworks.com/pro...1/PID-22115982
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-29-2005 at 01:39 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Don't know if it is exactly the same, but it looks very much like one I bought from Asda (Walmart's UK sub). I hate to say it, but it was the biggest POS I have ever bought in terms of computer hardware.

It wasn't till I got it home that I found out that the packing weighed three times as much as the contents, pressing the keys was like putting your fingers into melting butter, and the mouse had a life of it's own, with random movements and clicks even when not being touched. It was back in the shop within an hour.

About half the people I know who have bought a "cheap" wireless setup have had problems with them, yet the same hardware has worked fine on another system, so I'm guessing that the cheaper ones are particularly susceptible to interference.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Boy my first one Wife bought it for me ,I'm impressed usb , optical mouse , , software. Cheap Walmart one too and the plicks only had french instuctions , $39.oo Canadian for the set But I don't have to worry about the kittens pulling the cords anymore . I hate baterries tho but if this pans out I'll buy a better one . Almost seems too quick tho the mouse I mean .

Too bad the keyboard randomly adds comma, Capital LetTers and doesn't have any zero key forcing you to use "o" instead.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 07-29-2005 at 01:48 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

Too bad the keyboard randomly adds comma, Capital LetTers and doesn't have any zero key forcing you to use "o" instead.

Smart ass you made me look ! You do get what you pay for tho.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Update : The POS went back to Walmart ,I exchanged for a good usb keyboard and will use my old optical mouse . Well in hindsight atleast they let me take it back but not with out a fight .

The nice sales clerk was being a plick and was ready to call security on me. Then my very smart wife reminded him the instructions were only in french
    and her husband was english speaking . I think I'll keep her.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Never seen an opinion turn so fast, only 5 posts.

Anyway why the wireless keyboard and not wireless mouse? I'd think you'd want it the other way around

edit: Oh and make sure you buy some rechargeable batteries! Nothing like running out of battery power while your using the comp and not having anything to replace them with.
    Last edited by tesco; 08-10-2005 at 06:47 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Wireless is truly the way to go, unless your a serious gamer.

I've been wireless for 4 years and love it.

I've only used logitech brand to date and they've worked fantastically.

Currently, I splurged and bought the latest incarnation complete with a laser optical mouse. (Logitech MX3100)

I highly recommend it.