Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE7 Defends Against Phishing Sites

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    No, i haven't even got a chance to try it ebcause of my pirated key.
    Is it out??? Windows hasn't asked me to update to it and I can't be arsed to visit the M$ homepage.

yo

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Excellent.

Now MS is going to step in and decide if the page I want to access is valid or not?
    Great.

To me, this seems akin to slowing down all cars rather than teaching people to drive properly.
    you'd be acting like this is the best thing in the world if it wasn't MSIE
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 07-31-2005 at 03:26 PM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    No, i haven't even got a chance to try it ebcause of my pirated key.
    Is it out??? Windows hasn't asked me to update to it and I can't be arsed to visit the M$ homepage.
    Nope, beta.

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Excellent.

Now MS is going to step in and decide if the page I want to access is valid or not?
    Great.

To me, this seems akin to slowing down all cars rather than teaching people to drive properly.

just a thought. will this process be used to stop us visiting sites they don't want us to see for other reasons. can bittorrent and al qaida be filtered through this

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT
    its the one reason Macs are so popular, because stupid people who can't be bothered learning how to surf the web without getting spyware, or opening e-mail attachments without getting a virus refuse to learn.
    Did I fall into an alternative universe where Macs have become popular?

@TheDave: That would be my worry. They can block phishing sites (which I agree with) but will they then start blocking their own list of undesirable sites as well? Al-Quaida sites...Bittorrent sites...Linux sites...etc.

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    That's not at all true.
    I have never been a member of the anti-MS Brigade.

Lately however, I have become annoyed by the ever increasing number of "warnings", "alerts" and general nags generated by security programs.

Installing SP2 automatically starts IE blocking downloads till you click on the yellow bar....
    Zone Alarm is always amazed that svchost.exe wants to access the internet and needs permission to allow it...
    AVG seems to want to update 10 times a day and then requires a pat on the head after doing so....
    SpySweeper/MS Antispyware beta don't seem to approve of anything and really need to talk about it NOW!.

It seems that the trend in security is to stop you from doing anything.
    After all, if you don't touch any buttons ever, your machine is pretty damn safe.

Look at the excellent way that AOL has implemented "spam filters"...they basically just refuse mail from everybody, all the time and then claim amazing reductions in spam.
    Well, duh.

When I first installed the MS Antispyware beta release several months ago, it bitched when I went to Windows update, fer crissake.
    How well researched and how current is the "phish filter" gonna be and how often will it be in my face about it?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Sighhhhhh, people bitch and complain about security and then when they get it..they uhhhh bitch and complain.

Sounds like you either live with security or not and better yet, pick the best product that you can live with.

If I type www. mastercrd. com and M$ identifies it as a security risk, good on them.

I don't see how I've been inconvenienced. It would be worse if I put my account information on the site.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-03-2005 at 01:47 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    IMO, I think it's a good idea, I just don't trust M$. I'd feel much more comfortable if the database of sites was to be maintained by some non-profit security group.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12