Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I think my computer is burning up...

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    55 idle is not good. definitely clean out some dust. ur not ocing or messing with ur cpu in any way? ur mobo temps should be fine. like someone said, just to zero in on the problem, open ur case, blow some cold air on that fan. try to get the temps lower than 50 or 45. then, play a game. if it doesn't freeze up, that pretty much means u got a temp problem. then, u go and try cleaning dust, or maybe just get a better hsf

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    just to zero in on the problem, open ur case, blow some cold air on that fan. try to get the temps lower than 50 or 45. then, play a game. if it doesn't freeze up, that pretty much means u got a temp problem. then, u go and try cleaning dust, or maybe just get a better hsf
    Erm, if the case is open why not just blow it out first and eliminate that possibility from the gitgo?

Then try the fan routine if you want.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    So Rip has it been solved?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Rip?

Rip?

I guess it was terminal.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Alright. I opened up the case and removed a lot of dust. It isn't perfect right now, but it's 90% dust free. I tried playing a game that used 100% CPU, and my computer froze. Then I took a huge fan, and pointed it into the opened case, and tried to play a game like that, it froze again.

I think I'm just going to ignore it until a get a new PC, this is becoming risky. After cleaning the case, my computer restarted out of nowhere twice after turning it back on. I don't wanna break anything, my stupid half-assed PC at least works for right now. =/
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 08-03-2005 at 01:09 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Alright. I opened up the case and removed a lot of dust. It isn't perfect right now, but it's 90% dust free. I tried playing a game that used 100% CPU, and my computer froze. Then I took a huge fan, and pointed it into the opened case, and tried to play a game like that, it froze again.

I think I'm just going to ignore it until a get a new PC, this is becoming risky. After cleaning the case, my computer restarted out of nowhere twice after turning it back on. I don't wanna break anything, my stupid half-assed PC at least works for right now. =/
    Lad, did you tilt the can of air...when cleaning your case?

Peace bd

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker

Lad, did you tilt the can of air...when cleaning your case?

Peace bd
    I didn't have a can of air, I just used an old shirt to dust the insides, then I blew out most of the dust...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain

mines not too well either

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    @maebach
    Does your PC freeze while the CPU usage is high or anything like that?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    never. I am planning on placing thermal paste soon.
    Last edited by maebach; 08-03-2005 at 04:55 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast