Thread: Cant install Silent Hill 4 and GTA SA

hey, whenever i try to install these games, an MS DOS window pops up for a second and disappears, and nothing happens
    i cant install the games
    i got both of them from torrentspy.com
    thanx

2. Games   -   #2
    micolithe's Avatar Painfully average.
    Do you have the required system specs?
    Current Favorite Song
    Exodus Damage by John Vanderslice

3. Games   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    did u burn em or are u using daemon tools to mount the image files? or are you just double clicking on the iso/bin+cue/nrg/etc file?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #4
    i got 512 ram, with Geforce MX 440, not great but eanugh to play, but i think my windows installer got screwed up, cuz my cuzn download the same 2 games and installed them on his pc without mounting or anything, jsut clicked the INSTALL.EXE that was it, but i dont kno y i get the MS DOS window pop up

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chapalax
    i got 512 ram, with Geforce MX 440, not great but eanugh to play, but i think my windows installer got screwed up, cuz my cuzn download the same 2 games and installed them on his pc without mounting or anything, jsut clicked the INSTALL.EXE that was it, but i dont kno y i get the MS DOS window pop up

Your "cuzn" looks like he got them from else wear, might have been Kazaa if the file was INSTALL.EXE.

Either way try this:

1. Mount the game with Daemon Tools
    2. Go to My Computer
    3. Right click on the CD Drive with GTA SA on it
    4. Click Explore
    5. You can now see the DVD contents, double click on SETUP.EXE or INSTALL.EXE

6. Games   -   #6
    tried, nothing helps, and my cuzn does have the same thing, its just i think my windows installer is screwed up, and i have no idea awt to do

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chapalax
    tried, nothing helps, and my cuzn does have the same thing, its just i think my windows installer is screwed up, and i have no idea awt to do

Touch up on your English, that should keep you busy for a bit, then try and install the game again