Thread: File Download Doesn't Start

Poster
    I am trying to download a TV Show using BitComet and received the following errror message on the Tracker Status line:

"Error: Tracker Response Error:Invalid peer_id"

followed by a string of characters.

What does it mean? And, how can I rectify the problem so I can get this episode?

Any ideas?

Thanks

(Apologies if this has been posted before but I DID search and nothing came up.)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Are u trying to download a file from private tracker?
    did u download the torrent from public tracker like mininova, cuz some of torrents r uploaded to public tracker but they need registration with the source(private tracker site like torrentbits).
    usually there is a 'R' sign beside thoes kinda of torrents.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Thanks for reply bawa@Klite_user but it was a public tracker and needed no registration.

I have sorted the problem out now though anyway - it seems that tracker didn't like BitComet so I'm downloading it using the basic Bittorrent client.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Hmmm...I don't see how BitComet would have anything to do with it...unless for some reason that client was banned from teh site....which is highly unlikely on a public site.

Probably what happens is your IP changed, therefore redownloading the torrent and starting it back up should have fixed that problem.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...