Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help the poor newbie

well im downloading a movei on bitcomet, its 4gb, gets to 96% and stops , nobody has got a 100% file?? how dosey is that not having a 100% file. anyway what can i do?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Use the search button,using the words "file stuck",lots of possible answers to the problem in there

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    well im using bitcomet and i cannot seem to find a way to contact the owner of the torrent and i cannot open the files as they are. Theres only 144mb left to go out of 4gb so you can imagine how angry i am.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    perhaps the uploader has gone offline for some reason, how long has it been stuck ? This has happened to me on some smaller trackers, but the upoader has always come back

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I had this on for most of sunday afternoon and i continued it again this morning . it stopped at 96.4% and been there for about 3.5 hours.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Maybe the uploader's computer crashed, maybe his mum wanted to surf the net, maybe their kid brother wanted to do some online gaming, maybe they have gone away for a few days.......

There are many reasons why an uploader might disappear, a few days wait is not unusual, particularly if there are not many seeds. Just keep it open and wait, as RPerry said, they usually come back.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If the seeder doesn't come back:

Do a search on other torrest sites for the exact same file and try to jump on a torrent swarm.

Note: It has to be exactly the same file - for example, if you're stuck at 96% on The Skeleton Key TS xVID-LRC then jumping on a torrent labelled the.Skeleton.Key.TC.XviD-ASTEROiDS won't work. It has to be exactly the same file.

Once you've found it, tell your client to download it to the same folder as the one that's stuck at 96% is in.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    If the seeder doesn't come back:

Do a search on other torrest sites for the exact same file and try to jump on a torrent swarm.

Note: It has to be exactly the same file - for example, if you're stuck at 96% on The Skeleton Key TS xVID-LRC then jumping on a torrent labelled the.Skeleton.Key.TC.XviD-ASTEROiDS won't work. It has to be exactly the same file.

Once you've found it, tell your client to download it to the same folder as the one that's stuck at 96% is in.
    you should delete the ms info document , before you start the download

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    just give it some time...

by the way: in Azureaus you can check the availability of a torrent

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ModestoMouse's Avatar All Bussines
    just keep on leeching, the seeder probabally just left for a while. Chances are on a fairly active file that a seeder will come back. If you're the only leecher of the file however you could be waiting a looooooong time. It's best to leech in a swarm. I love the terminology!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast