Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: World trade center video

whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    I don't believe or disbelieve that bin Laden had anything to do with 9\11, I certainly would never take the word of Bush as being true. There has been no proof that he was involved, he certainly claimed at first that he had nothing to do with it, why would he lie? He later claimed, so they say, that he was involved, and why wouldn't he, there was a bounty on his head and he was wanted dead or alive. There is no doubt that al Qaeda benefited from the US vitriol, they made the 'organisation' famous, and brought many Muslims to it's cause. Now, of course, the words al Qaeda have become a rallying call for every disaffected Muslim the world over.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #132
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Quote Originally Posted by osama bin laden
    I was not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States nor did I have knowledge of the attacks. There exists a government within a government within the United States. The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; to the people who want to make the present century a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity. That secret government must be asked as to who carried out the attacks. ... The American system is totally in control of the Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States.

I must have missed something. Who really gives a flying leap about what this religious extremist says?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I must have missed something. Who really gives a flying leap about what this religious extremist says?
    Plenty of people.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #134
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    considering the official story is that this guy is apparently responsible for september 11th, and due to that day being linked to him there's been two wars in the east and tens of thousands of people have died. back over here our rights are being stripped daily and our taxes pay for these wars. i think what he says is pretty important

5. The Drawing Room   -   #135
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    I don't believe or disbelieve that bin Laden had anything to do with 9\11, I certainly would never take the word of Bush as being true. There has been no proof that he was involved, he certainly claimed at first that he had nothing to do with it, why would he lie? He later claimed, so they say, that he was involved, and why wouldn't he, there was a bounty on his head and he was wanted dead or alive. There is no doubt that al Qaeda benefited from the US vitriol, they made the 'organisation' famous, and brought many Muslims to it's cause. Now, of course, the words al Qaeda have become a rallying call for every disaffected Muslim the world over.
    he didn't claim responsibility.

osama bin laden

the guy who confessed

you've had some convincing arguements so far. about the pentagon. it probably was a plane, if they hijack and kill 3 planes worth why not get 4?

i believe the towers were destroyed by explosives though and it wasn't muslims behind it at all.

i'd like to see someone dispute this though
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 08-10-2005 at 02:32 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #136
    follows - this was ONLY possible if 9/11 happened it gives Very good reason to be an "inside" job:

This isn’t just a war against Iraqis or Afghanis or even Arabs or Muslims. It is ultimately a war on us all. That’s because the billions and billions of dollars that are being spent on this war—the cost of tanks, rocketry, bullets, and yes, even salaries for the 125,000-plus troops—is money that will never be spent on education, on health care, on the reconstruction of crumbling public housing, or to train and place the millions of workers who have lost manufacturing jobs in the past three years alone.

The war in Iraq is, in reality, a war against the nation’s workers and the poor who are getting less and less while the big defense industries are making a

killing—literally. What’s next? Iran? Syria? North Korea? Venezuela? We’ve already seen the corporate media play megaphone to the White House to build and promote a war based on lies.

It’s been a long time ago, but that great Russian revolutionary, Leon Trotsky, said, “War is utilized by the imperialists, first and foremost, to crush internal enemies.” We’re seeing the truth of his insight when we see the sad state of American education, the rush of seniors to buy affordable medication from the Canadians because American drugs are just too expensive, the threatened privatization of Social Security, and the wave of repression that comes with an increasingly militarized police. Does the Homeland Security Department make you feel any safer?

In Black America things get grimmer every day as resources that are already scarce begin to shrink even further. Young people feel that prisons are

rite-of-passage, an inevitable place to visit. And a decent job seems like a distant dream.

This is a war on all of us, and the struggle against war is really a struggle for a better life for the millions of folks who are in need here in this country. The fight against the war is really to fight for your own interests, not the false interests of the defense industries, or the corporate media, or the White House.
    Bush’s “grim vision” always recognized that the “war on terror” abroad would require restricted freedoms at home – as well as expanded powers for the police and military. So, just as in 2002, when the “Bush Doctrine” on preemptive wars laid the intellectual groundwork for invading Iraq, new doctrines are now being promulgated to justify the creation of a full-scale “security state” inside the United States.
    One Defense Department document, called the “Strategy for Homeland Defense and Civil Support,” sets out a military strategy against terrorism that envisions an “active, layered defense” both inside and outside U.S. territory.

As a kind of domestic corollary to the Bush Doctrine, the Pentagon strategy paper also has a preemptive element, calling for increased military reconnaissance and surveillance to “defeat potential challengers before they threaten the United States.” The plan “maximizes threat awareness and seizes the initiative from those who would harm us.”

Global War

Besides lifting the traditional limits on military operations on U.S. soil, the document makes clear that global warfare will be the reality for at least the next decade.

Also:

In effect, the Bush administration is prescribing a large dose of military action and political repression as the cure for Islamic terrorism.
    Everyone delusional enough to think this will "cure" the "problem," raise your hand. (We want to know who to blame, when this starts WWIII, as it well might.)

Besides the question of civil liberties, the strategy represents a rejection of advice from counterinsurgency experts who warn that an over-reliance on warfare and inadequate attention to the root causes of Middle East anger could perpetuate terrorism indefinitely, rather than reduce it to a manageable problem that can be handled by law enforcement.
    Last edited by neon; 08-10-2005 at 02:38 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #137
    i believe the towers were destroyed by explosives though and it wasn't muslims behind it at all.
    l don't believe the towers were destroyed by explosions, and l haven't seen any proof that they were. There may be an explanation for what appeared to some people to be explosions though. When l left school l worked in a concrete testing laboratory for a company called Concrete Limited. Our job was to test concrete beams and columns to destruction. At the point of destruction they would literally explode, loudly and violently. As the towers started to collapse, extra weight would have been exerted downwards, which could have caused certain parts of the building to appear to explode.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #138
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    l don't believe the towers were destroyed by explosions, and l haven't seen any proof that they were. There may be an explanation for what appeared to some people to be explosions though. When l left school l worked in a concrete testing laboratory for a company called Concrete Limited. Our job was to test concrete beams and columns to destruction. At the point of destruction they would literally explode, loudly and violently. As the towers started to collapse, extra weight would have been exerted downwards, which could have caused certain parts of the building to appear to explode.
    Correct.. except that the act of compression also slows the fall down.

The rubble outside fell at the same speed as the building.. this, for me is evidence of a controlled demolition.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 08-10-2005 at 06:50 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #139
    Poster

considering the official story is that this guy is apparently responsible for september 11th, and due to that day being linked to him there's been two wars in the east and tens of thousands of people have died. back over here our rights are being stripped daily and our taxes pay for these wars. i think what he says is pretty important

So if you believe the 'official story' he is important. If you don't believe the official story you still feel what he says is pretty important.

I believe planes were hijacked and flown into buildings. I blame the hijackers for this.

I don't believe I will give credence to this religious extremist. Regardless.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #140
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Only if you promise not to critique the whole site.
    Mark Faram
    Why, because the author is a Baha'i, that's a bit harsh.

They're decent spuds.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast