Thread: Easy Cd And Nero

Poster
    I am having problems with my cd rewriting. I was using nero happily while my dad used easy cd. They were both installed running fine. Then I upgraded my system from the absolutely crap windows ME to windows xp. I installed nero and continued using it fine. Then my dad said he needed easy cd again for the direct cd function. I reinstalled easy cd 4 from the cd that came with the comp originally. The computer then warned me about incompatibility problems. I tried installing some patch from roxio's website and then it seemed to work. Once I had done that I tried to use Nero and it didn't work. I tried the newest version and some older ones, it just would not work. Then I thought it must be easy cd. So I uninstalled that and tried using nero same problems. However I noticed that every time i restart a message appears saying: direct cd will cause windows to become unstable, devices or drivers have been disabled. I do not quite understand this message could someone please help on how to get nero workin again. I dont care much abt my dad wanting easy cd but it would help.
    Thanks. I really miss burning VCDs

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Well, there are other direct CD softwares out there. FileCD is one of them, will do the same exact thing.

I also went from ME to XP. I did, however, do a clean install. I hope you did too cause you will have problems if you did just an upgrade ontop of ME.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I tried to upgrade straight on top because i wanted to keep all my previous stuff. i later found out a few things did not work but i managed to get the system back to normal apart from this problem. Do you recomend to do another install? A clean one. But will i have to install all my hardware again (printer, scanner, speakers, modem, any cd drives)??? Will this fix the problem of my nero not workin and my driver being locked?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Maybe this page will help you...

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1002822798638

Read the link that says "Handling conflicts with other CD-recording software (Information)"