Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: One sentence movie reviews

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Sexiest search ever.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I liked her in Leaving Las Vegas, as well. I doubt you liked that one because they don't buy puppies at the end, but I always like actresses who are willing to play down-and-dirty roles. I also think she looked her best in parts of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Nicholas Cage dies so it can't be entirely bad.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    [video=You'll NEVER guess what Elisabeth-Shue is hiding!!![/video]

Sexiest search ever.
    This was pre-9/11. Now, that's just standard operating procedure for boarding an airplane.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    The Scorpion King 4: Quest for Power

If you have an extremely limited budget wouldn't your money be better spent on hiring a good scriptwriter rather than a bunch of has-been stars like Bostick,Biehn,Walsh,Hauer and Ferrigno?

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Sucks to read about Jurassic World, I was looking forward to it.

Silent Night Deadly Night:

Meh. A lot better 80's horror out there

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    Kung Fu Elliot (2014)

Crazy is as crazy does.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    ^Sadly, I've come across more than a couple of people who have had (almost) the same delusions. Mod-90's I met some wanna-be goth/vampires. I don't think any one of them paid their rent within the month it was due. Several of the others just crashed with them.

And the movie set I worked on was FILLED with drifters (who traveled to various independent films) with their own dreams of greatness.

-------------------------------------

Jurassic World(2015)

Hopefully one of these days Hollywood will discover that you can't just hang $100 million dollars of FX on a boatload of stupid and expect it to be a good movie.
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Seriously, and I'm not even trying to be funny, a reasonably bright 10 year old could have written this.Maybe even with better flow to what here passes as a story.
    That's not to say that the film isn't without some entertainment value.It just sets it's sights so low and unfortunately hits the mark.

Also even though this is clearly aimed at the preteen market, if you are going to make a movie about little more than dinosaurs eating people, then shouldn't you are least actually make it a tad more horrific? Especially since in the film they go on about dinosaurs by themselves just aren't scary enough anymore.
    Watched this a couple nights ago. Pissed me off right from the start that they could not even come up with an original theme song.

It was bad in the sense that they barely broke from what we've already seen. Pure formula taken from the others, which is sad. All the way down to the dying herd-o-sauruses. A bad copy of itself is just as bad as a shitty outside company making a knockoff film.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-21-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Makin' conversation here, people. Try to keep up...

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Pissed me off right from the start that they could not even come up with an original theme song
    Studio execs call that an homage. Or a reprise for you Julliard types.

I'm sure that control room nerd's original JP tshirt joke scored very highly with focus groups. Irony and meta commentary aren't lost on Joe "18-35" Sixpack from Omaha, NE that's for damn sure.

Speaking of movie scores, it's taking a lot of self-restrait to keep from making a James Horner decomposing joke.

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Pissed me off right from the start that they could not even come up with an original theme song
    Studio execs call that an homage. Or a reprise for you Julliard types.

I'm sure that control room nerd's original JP tshirt joke scored very highly with focus groups. Irony and meta commentary aren't lost on Joe "18-35" Sixpack from Omaha, NE that's for damn sure.

Speaking of movie scores, it's taking a lot of self-restrait to keep from making a James Horner decomposing joke.
    Cheap. The word is cheap. Like having a dinner party and serving leftovers. An homage would have worked in something reminiscent (which would have been fine), but I don't think they even bothered to upgrade the music- just grabbed it off WhatCD @320kb and pasted it in.

It makes sense, I guess, as the script was hardly original, either.

Had it been the first time we'd seen it, it would not have bee sooo bad.Just didn't have much in the way of originality, and didn't make a whole lot of sense. The whole "bond between the one who raised you is stronger than biology" just felt like it was shot at us with a Daisy air rifle.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast